IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Hi, guys I've been lurking this forum and especially this topic for years. I think I've read through it a total of 2 times and I'm on my third right now. This thread has been a treasure trove of information for a career in IT. A quick background on me: I remember when in 2014 playstation got hacked. At that time I was in the Army and was thinking about getting out and becoming a CS major. After that hack, all I heard for days following was the word "Cybersecurity" At that point in time I knew that was going to be the next big thing and I had an immediate interest in it.:wow: While doing some googling I found my way to this website and started reading through the thread. Fast foward to this June year and I got out of the Army and tried to apply to every entry level job I could find but got no hits back until 3 weeks ago:mjcry:. Today I interviewed for a job doing desktop support IT at the Pentagon and got it:mjgrin:. I'd like to think everyone from this forum who helped me get to where I needed and gave me a path to follow.

@bdizzle @semtex @Silkk @LordCashmere Thank you guys and anyone else that dropped dimes for all the time and effort you all have put into this post. We outchea:blessed::myman:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Hi, guys I've been lurking this forum and especially this topic for years. I think I've read through it a total of 2 times and I'm on my third right now. This thread has been a treasure trove of information for a career in IT. A quick background on me: I remember when in 2014 playstation got hacked. At that time I was in the Army and was thinking about getting out and becoming a CS major. After that hack, all I heard for days following was the word "Cybersecurity" At that point in time I knew that was going to be the next big thing and I had an immediate interest in it.:wow: While doing some googling I found my way to this website and started reading through the thread. Fast foward to this June year and I got out of the Army and tried to apply to every entry level job I could find but got no hits back until 3 weeks ago:mjcry:. Today I interviewed for a job doing desktop support IT at the Pentagon and got it:mjgrin:. I'd like to think everyone from this forum who helped me get to where I needed and gave me a path to follow.

@bdizzle @semtex @Silkk @LordCashmere Thank you guys and anyone else that dropped dimes for all the time and effort you all have put into this post. We outchea:blessed::myman:

Go head make that 2/3-5-8 year plan breh, never get comfortable.

K..

Rookie
Daps
Anyone have any recommendations on what book/material to review for the CSA+?