IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
First day of A+ class

Go hard or go home

For my NYC unemployed brehs they have free IT courses

Program called per scholas

Go online and sign up, it's a great opportunity to start up your IT career.

Thanks to that Bdizzle dude providing so much knowledge

LET'S ALL EAT B
:feedme:
:whew: I just filled out an application for Per Scholas. Can you give us some info about your experience doing per Scholas?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yea and for dudes like me trying to break into IT it'll help with having no experience. Do you have any certs?

you probably could learn better from an in person class but a lot of IT classes are already online and after the completion of a class at a community college you won't get a cert. completing the class is 2-4 months minimum.

with wgu if you grind you can knock out twice the amount of classes in the same time. getting a b.s and certs at the same time in 18 months if you grind , killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
depends on the 2 year college and what they offer. In huntsville, al they have incredible offerings at their 2 year colleges because of the proximity to ft. rucker and NASA. so you can get 7 week Cisco courses and etc.

Cyber Certifications | Calhoun Community College

depends on your state and the local college though, Might be the best option if available in terms of ROI

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
:whew: I just filled out an application for Per Scholas. Can you give us some info about your experience doing per Scholas?

Tabe test for entry, if you don't pass it u can retake it the sooner the better typing test. ..they interview you, they really want to see if you're hungry. It's a fast course 3 months but they prepare you for the exam in a month, they also have career coaches, extremely friendly staff and EVERYBODY wants you to succeed from ALL walks of life. They offer a lot of game this is a 8 stacks course, they have a bunch of sponsors I'm really enjoying the experience and I'll be walking out of here with 2 certs and a new exciting career bro.

First two weeks is a NO Late or absences period, don't matter if what. ..they enforce that shyt No late no absence tolerance. Dude was 2 minutes late, he was gone. If you really want it then go get it, IT'S FREE GAME can't beat that.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Tabe test for entry, if you don't pass it u can retake it the sooner the better typing test. ..they interview you, they really want to see if you're hungry. It's a fast course 3 months but they prepare you for the exam in a month, they also have career coaches, extremely friendly staff and EVERYBODY wants you to succeed from ALL walks of life. They offer a lot of game this is a 8 stacks course, they have a bunch of sponsors I'm really enjoying the experience and I'll be walking out of here with 2 certs and a new exciting career bro.

First two weeks is a NO Late or absences period, don't matter if what. ..they enforce that shyt No late no absence tolerance. Dude was 2 minutes late, he was gone. If you really want it then go get it, IT'S FREE GAME can't beat that.
What are the certs you'll be graduating with? Do y'all gotta do homework?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I'm in the codebridge class. We lost 2 people on the first day due to lateness. And as far as I know, the next class isn't until January.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
I'm in the codebridge class. We lost 2 people on the first day due to lateness. And as far as I know, the next class isn't until January.

They don't play at all.

You're in the bronx location?

What are the certs you'll be graduating with? Do y'all gotta do homework?

A+ Net+

And I'll be coming back for another cert for free too...homework? Take it upon yourself to be ahead in the material. You should be 3 chapters ahead of the what the professor gives you...we on chapter 10 in class already and it's been only 10 days of actual lab, I'm on chapter 12...we have homework but u can do them whenever you want exams every week...it's intense

Teamwork is vital bro, study groups are dope lol.

If you have a PC at home with Internet service you should be good if you take it seriously.

Take it seriously you have dudes with masters, bachelor's, Lil nikkas straight outta HS, Jail, everywhere, but one thing we have in common? WE HUNGRY AND WE GONNA EAT B.

Come on breh let's turn the hood upside down with his knowledge

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Had an IBM interview for a SRE role. They grilled me a few days ago with a technical interview but I passed it. This in person interview was interesting. I dunno...even though the team is new and things are just starting, I still feel a bit weird. Maybe because I came from a corporate environment. Apparently this is more of a "start-up" culture on this team.

One of the older guys mentioned my former manager and asked "are you on XYZ Team with?". I was a bit startled to be honest. I curtailed the question and explained why I was looking for a new opportunity.

As I mentioned many times I felt like my boss targeted me and it made it a very unpleasant and toxic experience while working there. One of the interviewers asked "Did I dodge a bullet by not going there?". I explained that for me I have to consider my career and where my strengths lie. Then he backed off.

I am scheduling an on-site with a gaming company soon as well. Hopefully something will come to fruition. I've even published some code I've been working on.

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They don't play at all.

A+ Net+

And I'll be coming back for another cert for free too...homework? Take it upon yourself to be ahead in the material. You should be 3 chapters ahead of the what the professor gives you...we on chapter 10 in class already and it's been only 10 days of actual lab, I'm on chapter 12...we have homework but u can do them whenever you want exams every week...it's intense

If you have a PC at home with Internet service you should be good if you take it seriously.

Take it seriously you have dudes with masters, bachelor's, Lil nikkas straight outta HS, Jail, everywhere, but one thing we have in common? WE HUNGRY AND WE GONNA EAT B.

Hows the experience been? U guys take the exam there? After the tabe test do u start right away?

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I have a few couple that I already shared in this thread. I can relink them later today.

They don't play at all.

A+ Net+

Do u have the messer course notes pdf for security+?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
When should I start applying to jobs if I graduate in December?