IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
For my people on the sidelines - trying to get in the game.

Job Title
Remote Services Technician
Full-time

Job Description

Support.com (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a fast paced environment fully committed to providing world-class customer service. The Remote Services Technician is an entry level role which provides inbound customer service support for basic troubleshooting and resolution of service related problems for high speed internet and wireless gateways. This is an exciting work from home opportunity requiring you to work and engage with others in a virtual environment, while providing our customers with a high quality customer service experience. As a Remote Services Technician you will be fully trained to perform the following duties.

Work From Home | US - Multiple, United States

Skills:

• Excellent written and oral communication skills
  • Ability to interpret a flow chart to deliver a work process
  • Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
  • Communicate technical directions over the phone to inexperienced computer users
  • Excellent customer interaction skills
  • Strong organizational and multitasking skills
  • Ability to problem-solve
  • Ability to follow written instructions
  • Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment
  • Ability to work in a very structured environment with scheduled rest and meal periods
  • Type 30 to 40 words per minute
Qualifications:

• Minimum of 1 year experience setting up home networks (or equivalent technical training)
  • 1 year of related experience in a customer service environment
  • Understanding of wired and wireless home networks using multiple network technologies such as cable modems, routers, printers, etc. (DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Port Forwarding)
  • Successfully pass our technical test and complete our interview process
  • Maintain good attendance
  • Pass an extensive background check
  • Experience in the work from home environment is a plus
  • Must be at least 18 years
Working for Support.com:

• During Training - $9.00 per hour*
  • After Training - $10.25 per hour**
  • Testing required
  • Extra Hours Available
  • 100% Work from Home
  • Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
  • 401K plan
  • Paid Time Off
  • Paid Training
  • Promotional Opportunities
  • Employee Stock Purchase Plan

---------------------------------------

Remote IT Project Manager

Pentius, Inc. (www.Pentius.com) is looking for bright, organized and extremely detail-oriented people to drive the completion of web-based projects. We are in need of someone who can be the go between with our CEO and the server team/providers/contractors. Candidate must be organized, tenacious and adept in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has some experience managing project teams on web application projects, but we are willing to consider recent graduates.

Pentius develops and manages web based properties and consumer services that solve our customers' everyday issues with finances, travel, communications, and health. A solid and dependable network is vital to our success. Some of the tools the server team works with are: F5, VMware, Cacti, GoDaddy DNS, IIS, and a lot of this is with multiple instances that are load balanced among servers, etc. Some familiarity with these tools and concepts is preferred. A successful Project Manager needs to identify, assign, and drive execution of technical tasks in conjunction with our server team, programmers, designers and marketing teams.

We're looking for someone who can:

*Oversee day-to-day activities of a project team, and ensure projects are progressing according to pre-established delivery timelines.
*Manage expectations of senior team, articulate business/marketing needs to the programmers, and technical needs to business and marketing teams.
*Closely track key milestones to assure project is completed on time.
*Identify underlying issues of any delays, and redirect resources to get projects back on track.

Qualification Requirements:

*0-2 years of experience in project or account/business management
*Experience managing marketing, creative or technology projects
*Strong problem solving skills that can be used to deal with internal and external problems in a professional and expedient manner.
*Flexibility to evolving responsibilities and changing environment.
*Highly organized, excellent attention to detail.

This position starts off at $13/hr, and it is a telecommute 1099 independent contractor position. You would need a computer, high-speed internet, Skype, and a headset for the position.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
$13 for a project manager? :mjlol:

Decent experience though if you have a limited background or can manage to live off of that salary for 6-12 months.

Surprised they didnt just call it a project coordinator role, because even a Junior PM role shouldnbe paying like 19-20 and hr.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
@Silkk should I pay 1899 for a A+ class or would it be smarter to just use a book and then go take the test? :patrice:

I met with an academic adviser but idk if they're just trynna get me to spend money at their school.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
@Silkk should I pay 1899 for a A+ class or would it be smarter to just use a book and then go take the test? :patrice:

I met with an academic adviser but idk if they're just trynna get me to spend money at their school.

A+ is a boo boo cert breh lol. You you dont have enough disciple to just do a cheap UDEMY course to become familier with the concepts IT may not be fore you.

Dont spend a rack for entry level cert

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
A+ is a boo boo cert breh lol. You you dont have enough disciple to just do a cheap UDEMY course to become familier with the concepts IT may not be fore you.

Dont spend a rack for entry level cert
Ye but what if you're just getting into IT? Isn't that like the first thing you need? That number seemed mad off to me so that's why I didn't register.