IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
How hard is it to get a helpdesk job with only an A+ certification and no degree?

Help desk is the bottom of the barrel. You should be able to get the gig as long as you can breath

It's easy to get a job with an A+ certification. After you get cert, you are going to get a lot of phone calls and some interviews.

Brehs I gotta get this A+ asap

Was looking at positions near where I live, one help desk job was paying $20/hour and another from $15-25/hour :damn: I could pay off my entire debt in one year and still have enough left to ball out :damn:

Just gotta keep grinding and finish this book hopefully by the end of December.

well get it then. A+ literally the easiest cert you can get.

:lupe: I been browsing this thread for an hour or so. I think y'all might convinced me to finally pursue a A+ cert. I've putting this off for years though.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:lupe: I been browsing this thread for an hour or so. I think y'all might convinced me to finally pursue a A+ cert. I've putting this off for years though.
Use a friends or your own .edu email address and you get each part of the exam for only 94$ as opposed to the standard 200$

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
What's CBT nuggets?
An IT training website. There are a few I would recommend as well like Pluralsight and Careeracademy.

I prefer those to just reading straight from a book because of the video/lab training.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
An IT training website. There are a few I would recommend as well like Pluralsight and Careeracademy.

I prefer those to just reading straight from a book because of the video/lab training.
How do you go about doing the lab training via an online course?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Its a graphical user interface like a regular computer/Virtual machines
So you didn't have to work on actual computer parts for the lab?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Its a graphical user interface like a regular computer/Virtual machines
So you didn't have to work on actual computer parts for the lab?
Depends on what you're training for breh
A+

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I can get anyone a+ training videos, I have the downloads. I csn out it in a disk and ship it to you, PM me if interested.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
A+ is a boo boo cert breh lol. You you dont have enough disciple to just do a cheap UDEMY course to become familier with the concepts IT may not be fore you.

Dont spend a rack for entry level cert

Yeah but you need to know how to take apart a pc. that's the main thing.

get a old pc off. craigslist and practice pulling it apart and back together.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
A+ is a boo boo cert breh lol. You you dont have enough disciple to just do a cheap UDEMY course to become familier with the concepts IT may not be fore you.

Dont spend a rack for entry level cert
Yeah but you need to know how to take apart a pc. that's the main thing.

get a old pc off. craigslist and practice pulling it apart and back together.
:lupe: @Silkk

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
a+ is wack but it's true it's a basic foundation of computers.

most jobs :hhh: at it but you don't wanna be in there even as a programmer and have a pc error or bsod and have no idea what to do, don't know how to change a memory stick or something. I know programmers are big Willie's compared to a A+ but your boss would probably look at you in :mjlol: if you didn't know how to take out memory or Uninstaller a power supply from a pc.

I'm just saying as a overall standard.

pretty sure all the IT guys at my job even the top Dawgs can pull out a hard drive.

I'm not sure what the title is, I think the cio is the top IT dawg, pretty sure he knows and he pushing 70.

just a basic foundation, it's a good investment.