IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
passed the a+ 901 :whew: Gonna re group and get a game plan together for the 902. I wanna build a lab this time. Anyone got any other tips on how to get some experience before applying to some help desk jobs?
any tips?:jbhmm: i been procrastinating too hard, was supposed to take this in April:snoop:

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any tips?:jbhmm: i been procrastinating too hard, was supposed to take this in April:snoop:

I just went through the Mike Myers book, professor Messer videos and various practice exams. Took me like 6 months with my schedule and I still got stuff to learn.
You studying for both 901 and 902?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Brehs and brehettes, Have you taken a new job only to be doing work all day and no longer bullshytting on thecoli anymore. Brehs, you probably don't realize how many times my phone was at 5% at my last job but with work comes legit pay. :blessed:

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I just went through the Mike Myers book, professor Messer videos and various practice exams. Took me like 6 months with my schedule and I still got stuff to learn.
You studying for both 901 and 902?
yeah but mostly been studying for the 901

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
How lucrative and challenging is getting a degree/job for internet security? Which degree would you need to pursue to enter this market??

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
How lucrative and challenging is getting a degree/job for internet security? Which degree would you need to pursue to enter this market??
IT it isn't so much a 4 year degree, its practical ability.
You are black so the deck is stacked against you, you need to know how to do the job, not have a degre, so look more for certs and experience.
I would advise you to look at your 2 year colleges and try to enroll in a Cyber security course and cert camp, if you live in a tech area like Huntsville, these are rampant, go that route with the 2 year degree and getting certs and getting more practical experience, than going after a 4 year degree.

my .02

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Need to get back on my shyt. Only got one class this summer. Gotta go back and get revenge on this 70-698

Also need to look at getting another cert. Was looking at the CompTIA CSA+ or CASP but I don't see them shyts in any job descriptions.:patrice:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I have enough experience to take a role where I'm the only one in charge when it comes to server and network outages.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is that whats being offered to you?
I just had a phone interview for a junior sys admin position. HR woman made it sound like I'd be in charge of that. The job listing says entry level experience with Windows server and VMware (which I have).

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I just had a phone interview for a junior sys admin position. HR woman made it sound like I'd be in charge of that. The job listing says entry level experience with Windows server and VMware (which I have).
Yeah a Jr shouldnt be in charge of everything

Maybe a first contact