IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Good looking out with the link. My student email came in handy, didn't know if it was still good since I graduated last May. I'm gonna final stop bsing around and take that A+ test in a few months.:salute:

The first thing the author of the book suggest is literally scheduling an appointment soon as possible. His way of saying pressure makes diamonds. I've scheduled mine for the 22nd. Gonna go balls to the walls for the next 14 days.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
The first thing the author of the book suggest is literally scheduling an appointment soon as possible. His way of saying pressure makes diamonds. I've scheduled mine for the 22nd. Gonna go balls to the walls for the next 14 days.
Indeed it gives you the focus you need to get it done, so you won't feel like wasting money.

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
I hear the ccna security is a tricky one

What did you use to study?
I was enrolled in a semester Cisco Networking Academy class at my local Vo-Tech
one night a week

you prolly heard this before, but CBT nuggets, and the best thing in the book (for studying), is the tests on the CD

Apparently, this one also comes with an 4011-INFOSEC Professional Cert as well
I think it's used more in Govt sector tho

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Any brehs interested in an enterprise architecr analyst role in ATL? Pay looks to be about 101k and i think theres a bonus too. Recruiter hit me up on linkedin but im not in the market right now

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Dont want to move to Austin

You're trippin. Austin is getting more expensive by the day but it's a great city to live in as a young professional. Great nightlife, women, dope condos close to downtown etc.
Edit: matter of fact if you don't mind could you pm me with the details of this company? Been planning to move to Austin for a while.

On another note I'm so tired of having to go through these staffing agencies to get an entry level ass job. Can never understand what these Indian people are saying, like just email me and make this simple bruh.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You're trippin. Austin is getting more expensive by the day but it's a great city to live in as a young professional. Great nightlife, women, dope condos close to downtown etc.
Edit: matter of fact if you don't mind could you pm me with the details of this company? Been planning to move to Austin for a while.

On another note I'm so tired of having to go through these staffing agencies to get an entry level ass job. Can never understand what these Indian people are saying, like just email me and make this simple bruh.
fukk That. Houston > Austin

Staffing company is ObjectWin. Their client is Texas wildlife or something like that.

KingTut

Daps
Reppin
TX
fukk That. Houston > Austin

Staffing company is ObjectWin. Their client is Texas wildlife or something like that.

Appreciate it. Just ran across it and submitted my resume for another position they had that required less experience.

On a side note, I've applied for over 30 jobs since monday and I keep accidentally sending my resume into ones that I already applied for because I forget which ones I've clicked on :francis:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Appreciate it. Just ran across it and submitted my resume for another position they had that required less experience.

On a side note, I've applied for over 30 jobs since monday and I keep accidentally sending my resume into ones that I already applied for because I forget which ones I've clicked on :francis:
I stayed doing that shyt, on purpose tho. When I was hunting I was shooting at every posting I saw not giving 1 fukk :bryan:

KingTut

Daps
Reppin
TX
Just got my first offer for Help Desk. No more warehouse job brehs. No more slavin away 12 hour shifts for 8.75 an hour brehs.

9aocv7.jpg

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Just got my first offer for Help Desk. No more warehouse job brehs. No more slavin away 12 hour shifts for 8.75 an hour brehs.

9aocv7.jpg

Goals. Eat breh. :blessed:

Still working on my A+

I thought it'd be easy to get a help desk job but on Indeed a help desk job has barely been posted for an hour and there are already 30+ applicants :gucci:

KingTut

Daps
Reppin
TX
Goals. Eat breh. :blessed:

Still working on my A+

I thought it'd be easy to get a help desk job but on Indeed a help desk job has barely been posted for an hour and there are already 30+ applicants :gucci:

Im still studying for mine now. On my resume I made sure to include that I'm training for it so it doesn't look like I have zero technical background. I've gotten a few emails and interviews from jobs that said it was required but it seems like they use it to try to weed people out who are just looking for an "easy" desk job.

And yeah, there's a lot of competition out there. I guess I'm lucky that I live in a city that's constantly growing and is in need for entry level tech supports all the time. Just gotta apply to literally everything you see. I think I put in about 50 applications/resumes last week and only got 5 interviews and 2 offers.

KingTut

Daps
Reppin
TX
the goat feeling :wow:

Whats your plan for the next 6 months? Keep pushing breh dont get comfy :blessed:

Bout to buckle down and save money, get my A+/Net+, and try and get a permanent position so I can try and move up within the company. My goal is to be getting salaried somewhere by this time next year. Maybe try to finesse my way into a government job.