IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Got a phone interview for a 'Windows Application Administrator Intern'. Any tips brehs? :lupe:

Or material I should read over :patrice:

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Anyone ever been stuck doing 2 roles? I feel like I'm being slightly 'abused' as I'm responsible for 2 totally separate functions (both capable of being full time jobs by themselves) and my requests to change this seems to fall on deaf ears. The roles are also linked to different grade levels so i also feel like I'm perceived at a 'lower' level from a department point of view because of it.

2-3 weeks later and I got my wish. I have not heard what compensation changes I will be getting from this. :patrice:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Pretty generic job title. Post the job description.

Objective: The intern will receive exposure to the daily operations of the Windows Application Services and to the processes and procedures required to run efficient and effective business services to include exposure to the following: system design considerations, service monitoring, performance monitoring and preventative maintenance.

• Assist Application Administrators with Windows Application Servers administrative duties including application configuration and maintenance.
  • Assist Application Administrators in the installation and configuration of server applications.
  • Assist in documenting the application environment and maintaining an accurate hardware and software inventory.
  • Under direction assist in troubleshooting software, network and infrastructure issues.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Pretty vague and for an intern role personality/eagerness will most likely be the most important aspect to getting it. I would brush up on MCSA material. and build a VM environment to play around in if you don't have one.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Pretty vague and for an intern role personality/eagerness will most likely be the most important aspect to getting it. I would brush up on MCSA material. and build a VM environment to play around in if you don't have one.

Idk breh :patrice:

If that's the case why have a phone interview?

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Idk breh :patrice:

If that's the case why have a phone interview?

You still have to screen candidates. If there is an in-person interview after, the hiring manager most likely delegates the phone interview to someone on his team because he doesn't have time.

Most interns aren't given an ounce of responsibility so they are usually just looking for someone to groom...that or the company is cheap.

semtex

:)
Daps
Objective: The intern will receive exposure to the daily operations of the Windows Application Services and to the processes and procedures required to run efficient and effective business services to include exposure to the following: system design considerations, service monitoring, performance monitoring and preventative maintenance.

• Assist Application Administrators with Windows Application Servers administrative duties including application configuration and maintenance.
  • Assist Application Administrators in the installation and configuration of server applications.
  • Assist in documenting the application environment and maintaining an accurate hardware and software inventory.
  • Under direction assist in troubleshooting software, network and infrastructure issues.
vague job descriptions mean they might give you any ol thing to do. But as an intern you're gonna get the work nobody else wants to do. Everybody goes thru it :yeshrug:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a job interview tomorrow - pay is 6 figures.
They want a Citrix, SCCM, VDI, RDS person as well as regular Windows administration.

Doing some recon on the company, they seem alright, but would have to blow me away with salary and benefits (maybe work from home at least twice a week would be nice).

Wish me luck brehs