IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
phone interview today, just doing some prep and seen this

StateInformer5 months ago
dude your vids got me a job making 6 figures, no college. I'm actually x military and never had time for college

:blessed::salute::hubie:

shout outs to Eli the computer guy

eli-the-computer-guy.jpg

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
did some digging on linkdln,

my interviewer/vp of engineering is going to be black :wow::ohhh::salute:

He might be on some all lives matters steez though
:francis:

My manager now is black soon as i did my googles I was like :mjgrin: for the interview. His past 3 hires including me are all black too running the IT department :wow:

I only had one black person who interviewed with who was on that :mjpls: I knew it wasnt going to work immediately after we shook hands.

Gave me one of them softs joints ::hhh:

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My manager now is black soon as i did my googles I was like :mjgrin: for the interview. His past 3 hires including me are all black too running the IT department :wow:

I only had one black person who interviewed with who was on on that :mjpls: I knew it wasnt going to work immediately after we shook hands.

Gave me one of them softs joints ::hhh:

Surprisngly the black interviewers I had in my experience had the :mjpls: vibe, but after getting the jobs there were normal dudes for the most part.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
max-b-wavy-ow-o.gif
'd all over the phone interview . they didnt even ask me any technical questions:picard::hhh::wow:

just stuff like workplace fit, past experience, why you think your right for the position, have you heard of us before etc

guess their saving it for the in person interview. i stayed up late reviewing active directory for nothing:francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
max-b-wavy-ow-o.gif
'd all over the phone interview . they didnt even ask me any technical questions:picard::hhh::wow:

just stuff like workplace fit, past experience, why you think your right for the position, have you heard of us before etc

guess their saving it for the in person interview. i stayed up late reviewing active directory for nothing:francis:

First interview is always quick run through of resume to confirm experience and a few personality questions.

Final interview is usually cultural fit.

Anything in between is usually the position related stuff

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey brehs. I've had 3 interviews over the past 3 weeks. 2 were general it support positions and my interview today was for a unified communications engineer position . I got an offer today for the UC position. I'm on my way!
Congrats breh, u just managing the phone system or additional system Engineer duties?