IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Thanks breh. Got a few interviews lined up next week, things looking good so far.
Keep applying until you have an offer letter in writing or better yet keep applying until you literally start the job you are offered.

Never get comfortable.

I remember having a run of 4 or 5 interviews and didnt get any of em especially after getting to the final interview for two of the gigs.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It seems that I could have possibly got a higher salary than the one I am getting with this NetSuite/Oracle job I landed if I entertained the role with GE more. Closer to what I was making before.

The thing is with the GE role is that I'd have to relocate to Atlanta, which would be good because I have family here. The downside is that I don't have as strong of contacts here in Atlanta vs San Antonio and Austin TX where I've been working the past few years. I also don't know how this GE Digital pushing everything to the cloud thing will pan out in the long run.

Of course adjusting the cost of living stuff, I think I got an attractive offer with NetSuite. Plus I can get RSUs every year which is great for investing. It's just that I would have liked maybe 5K more in the offer but the recruiter wouldn't budge.

When I got laid off I got personally contacted by a director at GE because he used to work for Dell. I've been having some family stuff going on so I haven't had an opportunity to meet up with him. I may get some face time with him tomorrow but I've already accepted the NetSuite role and I don't like going back on my promises.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It seems that I could have possibly got a higher salary than the one I am getting with this NetSuite/Oracle job I landed if I entertained the role with GE more.

The thing is with the GE role is that I'd have to relocate to Atlanta, which would be good because I have family here. The downside is that I don't have as strong of contacts here in Atlanta vs San Antonio and Austin TX where I've been working the past few years. I also don't know how this GE Digital pushing everything to the cloud thing will pan out in the long run.

Of course adjusting the cost of living stuff, I think I got an attractive offer with NetSuite. Plus I can get RSUs every year which is great for investing. It's just that I would have liked maybe 5K more in the offer but the recruiter wouldn't budge.

When I got laid off I got personally contacted by a director at GE because he used to work for Dell. I've been having some family stuff going on so I haven't had an opportunity to meet up with him. I may get some face time with him tomorrow but I've already accepted the NetSuite role and I don't like going back on my promises.

have you started with NetSuite or only accepted the offer?

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
What are these certs you guys talk about?

I only know degrees as im working on getting that right now, for CS ofc