IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I have 2 network admin interviews coming up next week

I just asked for a raise at my job and got it

One of these admin positions is a junior and would pay less, but I'd take it if offered for the skills I'd obtain

Last edited:

Kenny_Powers

Trade Lonzho
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Yes
I getting rejected from internships and low paying jobs.

I'm honestly thinking about going into another career field.

I'm almost done with my degree at WGU (majoring in Information Technology),so after that I might see what else is out there
Dont worry breh - the first step is the hardest. You just gotta get your foot in the door then takes off from there.

Personally, only a couple years out of college and I’m make 140k a year for public sector. I recommend trying to find something in the public sector because private sector for IT doesn’t match pay with expectations + less job security + more annoying politics. I also got time to do my side hustles as well.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yes
I getting rejected from internships and low paying jobs.

I'm honestly thinking about going into another career field.

I'm almost done with my degree at WGU (majoring in Information Technology),so after that I might see what else is out there

200K+ is possible breh. just keep going.

:hubie:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont worry breh - the first step is the hardest. You just gotta get your foot in the door then takes off from there.

Personally, only a couple years out of college and I’m make 140k a year for public sector. I recommend trying to find something in the public sector because private sector for IT doesn’t match pay with expectations + less job security + more annoying politics. I also got time to do my side hustles as well.
200K+ is possible breh. just keep going.

:hubie:
Thanks for the encouragement
I recently had an interview for entry level role.
Hopefully I can get my foot in the door