IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I never asked you personally but you decided to chime in. Which is fine. You had your turn. You provided what you wanted to provide. The forum is open to everyone and if someone can give me better advice, I would like to hear it.

I heard you, I said ok, and now move on, nikka.

thank you, I appreciate the additional advice. This Cashmere dude just wants to troll now by constantly respond to me even after I accepted his comment.

:mjlol:Dude is a troll and a fukk nikka. let these coli dikk-eaters tell you otherwise though. if the fukk nikka wanted to help you out he would have said

fix resume, use indeed,linkedin,dice,glassdoor or Startup Jobs - AngelList

and went into detail if you asked specific questions. :russ: majority of what he wrote was trollin shyt with little advice.

like hoes do.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:mjlol:Dude is a troll and a fukk nikka. let these coli dikk-eaters tell you otherwise though. if the fukk nikka wanted to help you out he would have said

and went into detail if you asked specific questions. :russ: majority of what he wrote was trollin shyt with little advice.

like hoes do.
:hhh:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

like hoes do.
I know

I've tried linked in tho. I'll just revise my resume some more.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I've decided to start a career blog/vlog website for people trying to get into IT or needing career advice and wanted to know if anyone on here would be interested in something like. I'm thinking about doing articles/videos talking about shyt like how to get started in IT, how to make your resume on point, steps on reaching a 6 figure salary, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If people seem interested I'm gonna try to have the site up and running by the end of the month.

I'm thinking of doing videos like MKBHD

Spin

All Star
Daps
thanks and breh, I already tooken his advice and I never said I cant apply. Ive applied to over 140 apps. I just wanted to see if anything else needs to be worked on. thankyou

Cashmere is right even if it sounds like he's giving you a hard time. At the end of the day, no one cares or owes you anything. That's the thinking you must internalize.

You're going to be competing against people who have more experience and better connections. What you can do is put the odds more in your favor. If you're having problems with the resume, hire an IT professional writer or someone to fix it for you. An academic writer isn't going to help in the IT field.

You have to get on every site you can LinkedIn, Dice, Glassdoor, etc. Type in technology or IT recruiters in Google and find local recruiting agencies. Meetup is a goldmine for networking in the field. Register an account to find a Linux, AWS, or some kind of meetup and get out of the house. Don't be afraid to look for non profit volunteer positions.

This industry is all about hustle.

Daps
I've decided to start a career blog/vlog website for people trying to get into IT or needing career advice and wanted to know if anyone on here would be interested in something like. I'm thinking about doing articles/videos talking about shyt like how to get started in IT, how to make your resume on point, steps on reaching a 6 figure salary, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If people seem interested I'm gonna try to have the site up and running by the end of the month.

I had thought about doing this in the past. I think you could monetize this eventually. People need career consultants.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cashmere is right even if it sounds like he's giving you a hard time. At the end of the day, no one cares or owes you anything. That's the thinking you must internalize.

Because I said someone does right? It couldn't be that I just wanted advice outside of apply to jobs? Anyone who wanted to respond did and I left it at that. I didn't demand someone to care and I sure as hell didn't say someone owed me shyt.

All I did was post in the correct topic on the correct forum about what else I need to work on. Not people being negative and putting words in my mouth. I'll stay far away from this thread if that is how you guys roll in here.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I had thought about doing this in the past. I think you could monetize this eventually. People need career consultants.

I have some ideas on how to monetize it, but I want to make sure there's an audience first (get to about 5000 readers/subscribers). I was gonna start with just IT shyt but really I want it to be a career blog. What ideas did you have for yours?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
live in the DMV area.

I honestly wanted advice not to be berated that I'm not doing enough. Its obvious I'm aware I am not doing something right. But yelling that I am not applying enough isn't helping. So if possible can people respond with something helpful and not trolling?

If who you know is what matters, then why even try?

25 apps a day isn't even realistic when you are required to have a resume fine tuned to each job listing and you can't just make one resume and send it to 25 listings.
Are you using LinkedIn?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Because I said someone does right? It couldn't be that I just wanted advice outside of apply to jobs? Anyone who wanted to respond did and I left it at that. I didn't demand someone to care and I sure as hell didn't say someone owed me shyt.

All I did was post in the correct topic on the correct forum about what else I need to work on. Not people being negative and putting words in my mouth. I'll stay far away from this thread if that is how you guys roll in here.

You were given advice then gave excuses why you could not do what was reccomended. Because you didnt like what you heard that person has to be a troll.
:mjlol:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope try again, never said I didn't like anything that was told me to me. Quote where I said I didn't like what I read. btw its read is not hearing, a genius like you would know that.

If I ask a question and I get back a negative respond that involves: 1. putting words in my mouth and 2. assuming things that I've never said. I will label you a troll. I'm 100 percent certain you are a troll now because you just can't stop quoting me even though you continue to say the same thing that you said the five other times you quoted me. If you can't bring anything new to the conversation why respond? Because you are a troll who gets off on being annoying online since you have a sad life offline.

Anyways this is the last time I will respond to you and the last time I will be seeing your comments. Get p*ssy, asap. Internet arguments is your only enjoyment in life. Since you assume so much on me, I will assume that no one can tolerate your personality and you couldn't pay anyone enough to deal with you. :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nope try again, never said I didn't like anything that was told me to me. Quote where I said I didn't like what I read. btw its read is not hearing, a genius like you would know that.

If I ask a question and I get back a negative respond that involves: 1. putting words in my mouth and 2. assuming things that I've never said. I will label you a troll. I'm 100 percent certain you are a troll now because you just can't stop quoting me even though you continue to say the same thing that you said the five other times you quoted me. If you can't bring anything new to the conversation why respond? Because you are a troll who gets off on being annoying online since you have a sad life offline.

Anyways this is the last time I will respond to you and the last time I will be seeing your comments. Get p*ssy, asap. Internet arguments is your only enjoyment in life. Since you assume so much on me, I will assume that no one can tolerate your personality and you couldn't pay anyone enough to deal with you. :mjlol:

You're the only one in your feelings though, assuming that we were even arguing. After your excuses I informed you to do what you want since you have all of the answers. Using MJ smilies won't help you get a job.
:manny:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

this is a great idea

maybe even interview guys here and write up articles so people can get a feel of what these different IT positions actually do on a daily basis

Just to give people a different POV