IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I'm so confused at the course outline for getting a cert. What exact classes would I have to take at a CC if I wanted to go for a cert? someone get back at the breh

for example an A+. What does that exactly consist of course wise? and how do you know when you have that cert?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Is Upwork the best site for non-shoddy, non-foreign web designers? Any other sites yall would recommend to check out?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
In the process of building my first PC.. I didn't expect it to be this frustrating:mjcry:

Let me guess \/ lol

fp_wiring-jpg.44147

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

If your case connectors doesn't have positive and negative symbols showing.
Look on the back of the connector and you will see a triangle and that is the positive connector and the second blank connector is the negative,

connector.jpg

As you can see below the only one that is reversed/ triangle side/ is the RES - + make sure you look at motherboard diagram in your manual.

step7-2.jpg

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
I'm so confused at the course outline for getting a cert. What exact classes would I have to take at a CC if I wanted to go for a cert? someone get back at the breh

for example an A+. What does that exactly consist of course wise? and how do you know when you have that cert?

For the a+ you can just get a book (Mike Meyers A+ book), study that and use as many online resources as possible like professor messer, crucial exams, quizlet, examcompass etc..study until you're consistently getting 90% on the mike meyers practice test dvd.

Then buy an exam voucher, you gotta get 2, so 180 each, or 90 each if you got a student email. Set up a test date at a test site with the vouchers

I just need to do my 902 next myself

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone here work with AWS?
That's the route I'm attempting to take. Started from the ground up and learning Linux and bash, then docker, chef and AWS. Kind of discouraging learning all
This stuff from the ground up but a DevOps role is my dream job atm. Where do u stand with AWS/devops?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
That's the route I'm attempting to take. Started from the ground up and learning Linux and bash, then docker, chef and AWS. Kind of discouraging learning all
This stuff from the ground up but a DevOps role is my dream job atm. Where do u stand with AWS/devops?

Kind of the same boat as you learning it from the ground up....i got curious about it so i created an account on AWS and been playing around with it ..lead me to taking the udemy acloud guru course...looking at cloud architecture.