IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
how was that? thats one of my own personal professional goals..that and the CBAP
It was alright... a little more diffucult than I thought it was gonna be. The most difficult questions were the ones that asked what the inputs were for certain tasks/processes. And thats only because there are SO MANY processes and tasks to remember the inputs for... and a lot of the inputs are the same.

There were quite a few questions that were more like application questions. Some were straightforward and others a little more convoluted to the point where I had to read the question over and over to make sure I understood what they were asking.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. It'd be easier to answer questions based on what your expectations are. Cause the test was not really what I was expecting to see based on some of my study material.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Just got my CCNA.:blessed:
Right before the version I was studying for was retired too:whew:

Now that that's done, It's time to start looking for a new job, this help desk life is not for me. :francis:
I'm not gonna worry about any more certs for now, not unless I get selected for that CCNA Cyber Security scholarship. Instead I'll be focusing on learning Python. I copped a beginners course during that $10 sale udemy was having last month. Hopefully I'll be able to confidently put that on my resume by this time next year.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
does anyone know what will happen if I lie about two summer internships (done outside the US) on my resume?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just got my CCNA.:blessed:
Right before the version I was studying for was retired too:whew:

Now that that's done, It's time to start looking for a new job, this help desk life is not for me. :francis:
I'm not gonna worry about any more certs for now, not unless I get selected for that CCNA Cyber Security scholarship. Instead I'll be focusing on learning Python. I copped a beginners course during that $10 sale udemy was having last month. Hopefully I'll be able to confidently put that on my resume by this time next year.
Congrats

Where are you trying to go career wise ? Security?

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Congrats

Where are you trying to go career wise ? Security?

Thanks. And yes I'm trying to get into network security, something like monitoring ips's and/or configuring access lists/firewalls. I would love for my next job to be security focused but I don't see many openings where I live. Plus, my lack of experience isn't doing me any favors. I only have one year of tier 1 support under my belt at this point.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm on the fence about my current job even though I've only been there for six months. I saw some good looking listings on Indeed. So I check salary info on Glassdoor and these jobs are paying 15k more.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
I'm on the fence about my current job even though I've only been there for six months. I saw some good looking listings on Indeed. So I check salary info on Glassdoor and these jobs are paying 15k more.

Let me share with you some knowledge that took me years to fully understand. Never get comfortable at a job always look to move up either in the company or elsewhere

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I'm taking anbintro to networking class for the ccent

First day on like this is some bullshyt:stopitslime:

Teacher is wasting time talking to students about dumb side computer bullshyt

tests are online and I figure I'll be doing most most of the studying myself

I'm going to just go and order a ccent/CCNA study book I saw on Amazon and finish the class so I can get a job connect

How long should it take me to study to pass the CCNA?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
For my contractor guys is it normal for a recruiter to ask for DOB and last 4 of SS#?

It wasn't the first time a recruiter asked for it so I'm guessing its the norm for these positions, but it just seems :what:. Like I havent even interviewed yet breh

I told him straight up "I dont feel comfortable giving you that :damn:"

Everything about the company and job checks out but idk:ld: