IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Thanks. And yes I'm trying to get into network security, something like monitoring ips's and/or configuring access lists/firewalls. I would love for my next job to be security focused but I don't see many openings where I live. Plus, my lack of experience isn't doing me any favors. I only have one year of tier 1 support under my belt at this point.

If you're trying to get into network security you're going about it the wrong way. Learning PHP is pretty useless at this stage and your main focus should be learning networking like the back of your hand.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just seems odd to ask for that when I havent even interviewed for anything

Told me bigger companies do it so they can make sure there are no duplicate appplications from the same people

You would think there was a better way

It's pretty standard. They do it to ensure you haven't been submitted for the position already by another recruiter. Also if you you're feeling uncomfortable just lie and give em a fake number. I don't know why y'all think y'all gotta be honest and respectful to these bytches :pachaha:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
It's pretty standard. They do it to ensure you haven't been submitted for the position already by another recruiter. Also if you you're feeling uncomfortable just lie and give em a fake number. I don't know why y'all think y'all gotta be honest and respectful to these bytches :pachaha:

Yup..one of them recruiters asked me for mine....i gave him the 4 digit lotto number i play all the time instead :lolbron:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
What's the best way to go about learning Digital marketing without breaking the bank

There's a digital marketing thread in HL. Also digitalmarketer.com has courses as well as a pretty good podcast. I've never taken there classes though so I can't really vouch for how good it is.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yup..one of them recruiters asked me for mine....i gave him the 4 digit lotto number i play all the time instead :lolbron:

If the recruiter is a pawg I'll tell em it's 6969, attach a dikk pic, then wait for em to choose up on a nikka :shaq:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Anyone know where I can get the A+ 901/902 Mike Meyers book online? With KAT gone, i don't know where to find it. PM dat link if you know :mjpls:

Also, my local library has a bunch of books for the CCNA test. Are those useless now that the CCNA test has been updated?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Don't use VCE it's a brain dump. You're only hurting yourself in the long run.

breh how do I list active directory on my resume:jbhmm: I remember you posted how to way back

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
finished my first week on my new job i really had a good week was a sponge the entire time writing down notes and just listening the woman said she'd be concern if i wasn't answering questions which i was answering plenty throughout the week gotta work one weekend out of the week and the pay is meh but that can be changed but overall its a really chill place and I'm enjoying it :wow:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Some of these Udemy courses straight trash :dahell:

......:jbhmm:

Yeah I just use them as an second or third source for information material.

I remember one course had Apu Nahasapeemapetilon talking :russ::stopitslime: I'm like what fukk you say ?

Apu_Nahasapeemapetilon_(Official_Image).png

pluralsight or lynda is what I mainly use

lol