IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have an interview next week for an aerospace company as a teir 1 tech support. Any advice heading into this interview? Currently studying for my A+ , and if I get the job, this will be my first full time tech job.
Tier 1 phone support is going to care more about your people and customer service skills. Make sure you sound clear and precise :mjpls:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
So brehs got an interview at an inbound outbound tech support company on tuesday as a tech support technician would that mean i'm heading in the right direction as far as getting experience in the field this will be my first tech job?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
pretty excited about the prospects of my first tech job brehs
Never get comfortable one thing I will tell you. Every gig you get no matter how sucky it may or may not be is a blessing. Create a a 2/3-5-8 year plan. This will let you know that in each role you take that you are on path and doing what is needed to hit your next goal.

yakamein

#milfhunter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA2HTOWN
So brehs got an interview at an inbound outbound tech support company on tuesday as a tech support technician would that mean i'm heading in the right direction as far as getting experience in the field this will be my first tech job?
If you don't mind me asking what company? Not sure of ur repping, but I'm assuming you're in Houston?

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
If you don't mind me asking what company? Not sure of ur repping, but I'm assuming you're in Houston?
its an advertising and marketing company they have a tech support center but no I'm from South Carolina i seen you had an interview breh how did it go for you?

yakamein

#milfhunter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA2HTOWN
its an advertising and marketing company they have a tech support center but no I'm from South Carolina i seen you had an interview breh how did it go for you?
It's later this week. For an aerospace company, I'm very interested, but the schedule is trash.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Never get comfortable one thing I will tell you. Every gig you get no matter how sucky it may or may not be is a blessing. Create a a 2/3-5-8 year plan. This will let you know that in each role you take that you are on path and doing what is needed to hit your next goal.
Appreciate that breh i'm going into this humble and ready to get the experience. Any experience is good experience if you ask me

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Congrats. you gonna rock with the CBAP when you get experience or pmp?
Going the PMP route... the time frame I'll have enough hours to sit for the PMP is right around the same as the CBAP (maybe a year difference). So I'm gonna get my Six Sigma cert next... then try for my PMP.