IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Anyone took the RHCSA? I picked up this book cause I wanted to learn red hat linux just to add to the skill set. This shyt seems straight forward I may just fukk around and take this too knowing me

51Tjwose8RL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Picked up 4 courses myself last night :banderas:

When you purchase you can save the videos too?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
They also have an app too

For Udemy.com , the app is cool. Just don't buy anything through the application. They have a no refund policy through the app.

O yeah and :pacspit::pacspit: Udemy.com . Those b*stards blocked my account from buying new courses. Apparently I buy and refunded to many courses.lol

Spin

All Star
Daps
Passed the CCNA this weekend. I def recommend taking the 2 part exam if you don't have much experience. Plus if you pass the first part, you can put the CCENT on your resume while you're studying for the second.

I used Test Out which is great for labs. However, the syncing of the videos don't seem to always be 100% in order when you're just trying to study. I would also recommend practice tests every day or every other day. Make sure whatever practice tests you use have explanations. It saved me time by separating the questions I would get wrong and going back to my material to understand the concepts. If you're working full-time, you will know how valuable your time is.

I would also recommend this book . It is only 2.99 for the kindle version. It's written clear with no filler content. Every few pages there are lab questions which you can complete with packet tracer or whatever setup you have.

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
Congrats. How hard was both tests? I have already read the Mike Myers book and I'm halfway through Professor Messer videos. I'm using Exam Cram for A+ practice tests.
I spent more time studying for the 901 exam than the 902. I started prepping for 902 just this past Monday and I already knew alot of the info. Alot of the questions I got on the exams I saw elsewhere on different practice tests. Later this week Ima post vce files with 901 & 902 practice exams

Get your ccna instead
I dont have much networking experience and I really want to get a good understanding of it. Should I still go for CCNA?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I spent more time studying for the 901 exam than the 902. I started prepping for 902 just this past Monday and I already knew alot of the info. Alot of the questions I got on the exams I saw elsewhere on different practice tests. Later this week Ima post vce files with 901 & 902 practice exams

I dont have much networking experience and I really want to get a good understanding of it. Should I still go for CCNA?
The CCNA will give you the basic network understanding and also give you IOS (cisco) experience. Remember the CCNA is actually entry level still. Just tougher to pass but if you put the work in it will be easy to you. Trust me on that.

I just feel if your gonna put energy into a cert it might as well be something that employers actually look at it and will benefit you more in the long run.