IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Anybody know of any websites with good A+ practice tests? I already have a practice test book. I just want more practice tests to see if I'm prepared to take the actual test.

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Darrill Gibson book and Comptia certmaster program.
ok thanks im about to get that book now. Do you feel the certmaster program was needed? that price is crazy so I just signed up for the free trial for now. Im a systems admin right now with a A+ and MCSA server 2012 cert. Studying for the MCSE Server 2012 since @bdizzle recommended I do since it covers a lot of AD info. After I get my 5 years experience Im going for that CISSP :blessed:If anyone needs any info on MCSA2012 study material/tips let me know

Daps
Reppin
MD
First week of CEH studying complete. I was able to finish the footprinting, scanning, networking, and cryptography sections. I have kali linux VM and 4 victim VM running on my computer for labing.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

First try

2eZqnxN.jpg

ex9IVq4.jpg

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
First week of CEH studying complete. I was able to finish the footprinting, scanning, networking, and cryptography sections. I have kali linux VM and 4 victim VM running on my computer for labing.

Include some Windows hosts as well. You can probably find a Windows 7/10 ISO on torrent sites. Just make sure you don't install any of the security updates so you can test vulnerabilities easier

Daps
Reppin
MD
Include some Windows hosts as well. You can probably find a Windows 7/10 ISO on torrent sites. Just make sure you don't install any of the security updates so you can test vulnerabilities easier
I have a laptop on my network already running windows 7. I plan on getting some more windows host running this weak.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
ok thanks im about to get that book now. Do you feel the certmaster program was needed? that price is crazy so I just signed up for the free trial for now. Im a systems admin right now with a A+ and MCSA server 2012 cert. Studying for the MCSE Server 2012 since @bdizzle recommended I do since it covers a lot of AD info. After I get my 5 years experience Im going for that CISSP :blessed:If anyone needs any info on MCSA2012 study material/tips let me know

The only reason I got the certmaster program is because it was bundled with the exam voucher AND retake voucher. I don't think it's worth the standalone price. All it does is quiz you on the exam objectives. It's helpful but you could probably do without it as long as you can find some practice exams to test yourself. The practice tests in the Gibson book are solid.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
i'm taking intro to programming concepts this semester which is supposed to be the intro to java for MIS majors. reading the student reviews, the class is demanding and takes a lot of studying and time spent in the computer lab, which i'm fine with, but any other resources or tips from the coli experts would be appreciated.

This dudes tutorials are pretty good for Java

This book Head First Java explains all the basic concepts of Java pretty easily (You can probably find a better version of the pdf on google)

Head First Java, 2nd Edition.pdf

The following book is probably over kill for a MIS major

http://www.manalhelal.com/Books/Introduction to Java Programming - 9th Edition.pdf