IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
i'm taking intro to programming concepts this semester which is supposed to be the intro to java for MIS majors. reading the student reviews, the class is demanding and takes a lot of studying and time spent in the computer lab, which i'm fine with, but any other resources or tips from the coli experts would be appreciated.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm taking intro to programming concepts this semester which is supposed to be the intro to java for MIS majors. reading the student reviews, the class is demanding and takes a lot of studying and time spent in the computer lab, which i'm fine with, but any other resources or tips from the coli experts would be appreciated.
same here im going to go through the book head first into java before the classes starts just so im one step ahead. i went through a bit of the java course on codeacademy but its not that good

Daps
Reppin
MD
Got me through my Java courses in college: Java Tutorial - Installing the JDK
Also find an upperclassmen who can mentor/tutor you.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
I read this entire 288 pg thread and brehs like @bdizzle @Data-Hawk @Ice_MF_Mike @FreshFromATL @krexzen and a host others were dropping nothing but gems. I encourage other people to read this thread for their benefit. But I took the time to make a PDF file of the gems that I thought were beneficial with some general guidelines as well so cats don't come in here and ask the same question. The link to the PDF is below

Sorry we can't find
Enjoy the gems
Can anyone re-up on this? Reps up!

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
My job has a Google Hangouts meetings twice a week. In fact, I'm in one right now with my mic muted and web cam disabled. Company HQ is in Australia, so the meeting time is more appropriate for them. :francis:

i have clients in australia...what do you know about forwarding your work phone to your home phone (i do this when i plan on working from home) and being woke up out of a sleep at like 5-6 am by an australian with a strong crocodile dundee accent to hop on the laptop and help them with an issue

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

I took the class last semester. It definitely is time consuming especially if you have a professor who runs through it like you should already know like I had. I stressed over the first few assignments before I said fukk it and googled them and sure enough most of them were available for free or through chegg study :manny: I know it sounds bad but I and most people in the class could give two shyts about java. There were only a few people in there who were going on the programming path.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Well I just passed the first half of the CCNA and got my CCENT..

I have until 9/24 to take the 2nd half before it expires. I don't know if I'll be able to prepare myself in time. :lupe:

you've only got a month in between tests after you pass? :why:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I took the class last semester. It definitely is time consuming especially if you have a professor who runs through it like you should already know like I had. I stressed over the first few assignments before I said fukk it and googled them and sure enough most of them were available for free or through chegg study :manny: I know it sounds bad but I and most people in the class could give two shyts about java. There were only a few people in there who were going on the programming path.
Chegg is so clutch. I passed my managerial accounting class this summer thanks to chegg.