IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Spin

All Star
Daps
You do have a point, but I can't just sit here and wait until that 24-25 to figure out what I wanted..can I?

Idk how my credit is, but I have never taken out a loan, so I think I'm good on that part.

and agreed, that's one of the few reasons why I haven't (still won't) go to college. I don't want to waste 4 years, just to find out I can't get a job in that one field, and even if I do - I don't want debt hanging over my head and still have to pay it back at the age of 65.

tbh, all this is frustrating :mjcry:

I don't know what community college is like today, but you should be able to do a 2 year degree with little or not debt. This should hold true if you're attending a community college in your home state. Like someone mentioned here, get a job at a college or community college in IT. See if you like it. One piece of advice is try as many different things as possible while you're young. You have nothing to lose.

We can all say we love XYZ. However, until you do it for a consistent amount of time, you might just think you like doing it. Unless you have family that is going to hand hold you all your life, this isn't the time to feel sorry for yourself. Get out there and fall down a few times. It's the only way to learn.

I know working out in the gym sounds cliche, but it's a good starting point. If you can start to maintain a consistent workout routine, you will start seeing results. As you visually see results, you will realize learning anything else is very similar.

These past few months of studying, I have cut down on going out with friends and casually drinking. The part I hate about drinking is the wasted time dealing with a hangover. Even if it's not bad, I still feel sluggish enough to where it stalls my learning. A couple of friends have got on my case about not going out. You know what, at the end of the day are they going to pay my rent? If they can't understand what I'm doing, screw em.

Take advantage of your youth. If you sacrifice now, you will be better off than a majority of this country in a short amount of time. Are you in a fairly large city? Look up Meetup.com and find groups related to IT. Go to the events and meet people. You will stay motivated if you find others that are doing what you want to do.

I don't know if this video will post correctly, but Steve Harvey makes a great point about not wasting your 20's.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone ever been audited by Microsoft before? The company I work at is in the process of it. I didn't even know this was a thing until today.

When I worked at an MSP companies would get audited once in a great while. I wouldn't worry about it too much; as long as you're trying to be compliant MS will work with you.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When I worked at an MSP companies would get audited once in a great while. I wouldn't worry about it too much; as long as you're trying to be compliant MS will work with you.
My bosses are having a minor freak out talking about they're going to check other software, due to the fact that MS is part of some sort of anti piracy organization. And saying we might be fined because of infractions. I don't think it's going to be that serious.

yakamein

#milfhunter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA2HTOWN
Quick question brehs, studying for my A+ currently... copped the Meyers all into one book, but I'm wondering if i should get my MCSA also? Thoughts

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Holy fukk at this job offer I just received from a recruiter on LinkedIn in San Diego :wow:. If I didn't have a kid on the way and was settled here in Philly. This shyt killing me brehs

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My job has a Google Hangouts meetings twice a week. In fact, I'm in one right now with my mic muted and web cam disabled. Company HQ is in Australia, so the meeting time is more appropriate for them. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
MD
My job has a Google Hangouts meetings twice a week. In fact, I'm in one right now with my mic muted and web cam disabled. Company HQ is in Australia, so the meeting time is more appropriate for them. :francis:
My client site is in San Diego and I'm in the DC area. Every week we have a meeting with them right at the time I'm suppose to leave work so I can avoid the DC rush hour traffic.