IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Just started my GCIH. Seems like it's fun

But I'll do one more GIAC exam to be a GSE and call it a day.

Spin

All Star
Daps
Just passed the 801 portion of the A+ today :smugdraper:. I was gonna wait another week, but I saw a Saturday opening in my area and didn't want to take a day off work. I didn't pass by much, but it's one less thing I have to concentrate on now with the upcoming 802 before June 30. I might try the Test Out website as it seems the exam cram book was too textbook memorization for me and the exam wasn't written in the same style. I watched the Messer videos, but still feel I haven't found anything that resembled the wording that I saw on the test today.

One test away from joining the coli cert gang! :ohlawd:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Bought some UDEMY courses, gonna do the ITIL one first since I barely failed the real test, I think this should be enough to pass.

Then gonna finish up Python on Code Academy, then look at the RHCSA, then eventually the AWS Sol Architect Cert and maybe the Azure MCSD in the future.

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those those that want to switch from the IT side to more Software Development you need to get into a Software Bootcamp, I attended one called the Software Guild last fall and these nikkas had me hooked up with a full time junior software development gig that paid alot more than my previous Network Analyst job 2 weeks before I had even finished the course.:blessed: I can't recommend the process enough.:wow:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
For those those that want to switch from the IT side to more Software Development you need to get into a Software Bootcamp, I attended one called the Software Guild last fall and these nikkas had me hooked up with a full time junior software development gig that paid alot more than my previous Network Analyst job 2 weeks before I had even finished the course.:blessed: I can't recommend the process enough.:wow:

:wow: at the bolded, I know a few people who would love to do somthing like that

How long was the camp? And what was the day to day training process like?

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: at the bolded, I know a few people who would love to do somthing like that

How long was the camp? And what was the day to day training process like?

The best camps make it a full time commitment. So mine was for 3 months 9-5pm days, so 12 weeks in total. shyt was so intense though people usually stuck around until 8-9pm before heading homefor sleep. :whew: Day to day it was lectures in the morning, then we did straight project work. Simple stuff at first like making a tic tac toe calculator like game, but at the end you would build an enterprise level web app that you show to employers. The process leaves you a changed man, because of how hard you struggle to succeed:obama:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The best camps make it a full time commitment. So mine was for 3 months 9-5pm days, so 12 weeks in total. shyt was so intense though people usually stuck around until 8-9pm before heading homefor sleep. :whew: Day to day it was lectures in the morning, then we did straight project work. Simple stuff at first like making a tic tac toe calculator like game, but at the end you would build an enterprise level web app that you show to employers. The process leaves you a changed man, because of how hard you struggle to succeed:obama:
What did you do for income during the time

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did you do for income during the time

Was getting paid by agency I did IT contracts with, I had just finished a contract and they had me on standby, so I made a percentage of my usual pay.

shyt was tight for a bit, but it was worth it in the end.