IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yup yup, whatever video series you using I would recommend Bryants vids along side he filled in alot of gaps that the CBT Nuggets vids tend to have.

Be warned though, his voice literally put me to sleep on multiple occasions :bryan:

If your interested and can't find the vids I still should have then on my NAS
:feedme: send them if you can my brother

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just passed the CCNP Route exam :wow::whew::blessed:

904/1000

Honestly I thought i'd get a lot lower than that. What a bytch of an exam, topics that I thought would be emphasized more on the exam were barely there or nonexistent :dwillhuh: Some stuff from the Cisco blueprint for the exam werent even in the books but was all over the test

The labs were pretty easy, good thing the past couple weeks I been studying the lesser known stuff from the books. If i didnt I would have failed for sure

1/3rd of that CCNP down :mjcry:

Once you pass your CCNP, make sure you go straight into your CCIE. Don't take any time off. By this time next year you could have your CCIE and be guaranteed 6 figures for the rest of your life.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Once you pass your CCNP, make sure you go straight into your CCIE. Don't take any time off. By this time next year you could have your CCIE and be guaranteed 6 figures for the rest of your life.

How would employers look at at a CCIE with lets say less than 2 yrs network experience?

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
JUST BLEW 600 BUCKS AND FIALED THE ITIL EXAM 3 TIMES IN A ROW, ONCE BY 1 DAMN QUESTION IM SICK RIGHT NOW
:francis::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

ISH AINT EVEN HARD ITS JUST WORDED SO TRICKY
I know that feeling. That Microsoft 70-640 was the devil. I took that joint 4 times.... :mjcry:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
How would employers look at at a CCIE with lets say less than 2 yrs network experience?

Doesn't matter what they think really. With a CCIE you'll always be at the head of the pack. Obviously if the position requires 10 years of exp and you only have two you won't qualify, but you'd be eating well for the rest of your career.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Been studying for the A+ a lot lately and its pretty easy.

From there ill tweak my resume, get an entry level help desk/support job for experience while I work on either a Microsoft or Cisco cert (MCSA or CCNA).

I havent decided which part of IT is my fav yet (networking, security, etc)

Daps
Reppin
San Antonio,TX
Hey I dont really know much about this at all but I need some income to get on my feet. I was practicing SEO but it was more time consuming than I expected it to be. Basically I would be looking for an easier cert to get that can land me a lower wage just to get out of my current job, so I can free up some more time on my schedule.
I currently work an overnight job which is pretty physically demanding and doesnt give me much time to study.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you know when you're ready, you look at job requirements and they all have their own specifications so I'm all over the place studying areas that had no relation to what I initially focused on which is networking. Ive been studying Active Directory, Group Policy, Virtualization, SANS, Security/VPNs, etc. Seems you have to be a jack of all trades to make it or maybe I'm looking into wrong job title, network admin is what i assumed networking would solely specialize in.

Last edited:

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that study music to help put a battery in your back, have it playing in the background and inherit immaculate tunnel vision with only 1 objective on your mind, lets get it :whoo:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are there any books or videos that help you with practical work for certs like A+, N+ ect? Like work you can do at home to mimick some of the things you will do on the job?

Daps
How do you know when you're ready, you look at job requirements and they all have their own specifications so I'm all over the place studying areas that had no relation to what I initially focused on which is networking. Ive been studying Active Directory, Group Policy, Virtualization, SANS, Security/VPNs, etc. Seems you have to be a jack of all trades to make it or maybe I'm looking into wrong job title, network admin is what i assumed networking would solely specialize in.
i mean all of that has to do with networking though in some way. But reality is noone knows everything. So go in there and convince them you can figure out what you dont know and that you know the major stuff and you should be good. And if your preparing for the role, just starting learning as much of that stuff as you can.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Okay. So I'm tired of working two shytty jobs and not even getting real opportunities at anything decent that's full time. How do I break into IT? Is there a definite "how to get started" post in this thread? Starting from the beginning. I'm more than smart enough to learn, I feel. I've just got to put in the time.