IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What's up brothers, I have a question, I'm not the smartest man in the world but do any of you guys specialize in all these mixed skills I copied below from some jobs ?
I'm in the southeast at the moment,

I'm thinking I may need to move to another state or learn programing, because most jobs here from help desk to administration are looking for people with customized skill sets , really SQL and Oracle, Cisco in the same sentence/skill set.

At my last job IT personnel worked and specialized in different department , I know every company can do that but damn !!!
It's like if your resume doesn't match the requirements and skill sets by 99% the don't fukk with you. lol

Then these musty a$$ cac's calling my phone just to repeat the same shyt on my resume,,

I was working on my CCENT but just said fu%k it for now,,

I may need to just move

title : IT Technical Administrator

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:

· Vmware administration is required.

· VMware vSphere 5.5 and above is required.

· Citrix administration including Xenapp, Xendesktop, and Xenmobile preferred.

· Cisco UCS blade server platform is desirable.

· Storage Area Networks (SAN) administration is required. EMC Storage experience preferred.

· Windows Server OS administration up to 2012 is required.

· Active Directory and Group Policy administration is required.

· Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or 2013 administration is required.

· Microsoft Sharepoint is desirable.

· Linux Redhat is desirable.

· Enterprise backup and recovery administration is preferred. EMC Networker is preferred.

· Windows Powershell and scripting is desirable.

· Solarwinds Orion Monitoring experience preferred.

· Knowledge of database management systems including Microsoft SQL and Oracle is preferred.

· Basic knowledge of networking is required.

· Rotating On-call coverage is required.

--------------------------------------------------
IT Technician

Minimum Requirements:

• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking
  • Configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Suite PC and Laptop hardware configuration and troubleshooting
  • Maintain phone systems at multiple locations
  • Microsoft windows end user configuration (profiles, printers, application configuration)
  • Cisco router installation and configuration
  • BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone and cell phone configuration, troubleshooting, and repair
Minimum Requirements:

• Coverage of field locations will require up to 25% of your work schedule including overnight stays
  • Demonstrated proficiency in at least four of the following areas:
    • Windows 7
    • WYSE Winterms
    • Citrix Server
    • Windows Server 2003 / 2008
    • Phone systems
    • Microsoft SQL databases
    • Cisco routers / General Networking

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Lord_nikon What certs and how much experience do you have? What are you interests career-wise? Networking? Security?

I moved from Atlanta, in part for better job prospects.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@Lord_nikon What certs and how much experience do you have? What are you interests career-wise? Networking? Security?

I moved from Atlanta, in part for better job prospects.

15+ years in servers ,data center, healthcare ,NOC , Computer operations and repair.
Two fortune 500 companies and Number 1 largest hospital in my state on my resume....

Apple (ACPT) ,MCTS, MTA Networking, A+ ,Juniper certified,,,, I even added certs I didn't have and still nothing lol

Before I was laid off I was in headed in sever administration and networking,, I stopped studying for my CCENT because of the shyt above and seeing so many desktop support and help desk job wanting CCNA and networking experience for 30K and 40K

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
15+ years in servers ,data center, healthcare ,NOC , Computer operations and repair.
Two fortune 500 companies and Number 1 largest hospital in my state on my resume....

Apple (ACPT) ,MCTS, MTA Networking, A+ ,Juniper certified,,,, I even added certs I didn't have and still nothing lol

Before I was laid off I was in headed in sever administration and networking,, I stopped studying for my CCENT because of the shyt above and seeing so many desktop support and help desk job wanting CCNA and networking experience for 30K and 40K

Why don't you just get a CCNA?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just passed the CCNP Route exam :wow::whew::blessed:

904/1000

Honestly I thought i'd get a lot lower than that. What a bytch of an exam, topics that I thought would be emphasized more on the exam were barely there or nonexistent :dwillhuh: Some stuff from the Cisco blueprint for the exam werent even in the books but was all over the test

The labs were pretty easy, good thing the past couple weeks I been studying the lesser known stuff from the books. If i didnt I would have failed for sure

1/3rd of that CCNP down :mjcry:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just passed the CCNP Route exam :wow::whew::blessed:

904/1000

Honestly I thought i'd get a lot lower than that. What a bytch of an exam, topics that I thought would be emphasized more on the exam were barely there or nonexistent :dwillhuh: Some stuff from the Cisco blueprint for the exam werent even in the books but was all over the test

The labs were pretty easy, good thing the past couple weeks I been studying the lesser known stuff from the books. If i didnt I would have failed for sure

1/3rd of that CCNP down :mjcry:

After you pass route you won breh :steviej:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yeah gns3..i got the l2 and l3 images with the virtual box setup

that should be enough right :lupe:?

Yup yup, whatever video series you using I would recommend Bryants vids along side he filled in alot of gaps that the CBT Nuggets vids tend to have.

Be warned though, his voice literally put me to sleep on multiple occasions :bryan:

If your interested and can't find the vids I still should have then on my NAS