IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Business Communications/Administration

This shyt is for the birds. No one wants a Black man as their head of communications. :snoop:

It sounds fukked up but im being realistic. Ive been stuck in commission sales jobs (including retail) for the past 3 years

:mjlol: you think you have experience to be the head of communications?

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Hey brehs! I'm thinking of going to CC to get a AA in Computer Info tech this fall, and I was wondering would it be a good idea considering I'm 23 and kind of behind technology/ math wise(i am planning to work on my math skills before I start classes tho)?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hey brehs! I'm thinking of going to CC to get a AA in Computer Info tech this fall, and I was wondering would it be a good idea considering I'm 23 and kind of behind technology/ math wise(i am planning to work on my math skills before I start classes tho)?
Go for it! You're only 23. I finished my bachelor's at 27 continued working at the grocery store until I was 29. Until I finally said "duck it" and moved for better job opportunities.

Here's the thing: If you do it and succeed you'll be 25/26 when you finish.

If you don't do it; you're still gonna be 25, two years from now. So do it and try to get a job at your school's help desk while in school.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is a bachelors degree necessary for a career in network administration? Im currently enrolled in a cc and planning on transferring the following semester majoring in Information Systems but I often see job postings asking for experience with or without an associates as a viable alternative. Now I feel kinda funny about continuing down the college path if I can just grind in the field and naturally move up the ranks, not having to worry about inheriting a loan debt.