IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
MD
Started straight up asking recruiters about max rates off top

Might be moving to Dallas :whew:

How long have you been at your current job?

I'm thinking about testing the job market after being at my current job for 5 months.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How long have you been at your current job?

I'm thinking about testing the job market after being at my current job for 5 months.
About 5-6 months. I had originally took all my stuff down to stop recruiters, but was still getting emails.

So i just figured i'd ammuse them and they started tossing out crazy numbers :whew:

Daps
Reppin
MD
About 5-6 months. I had originally took all my stuff down to stop recruiters, but was still getting emails.

So i just figured i'd ammuse them and they started tossing out crazy numbers :whew:

Where do you go to have these recruiters start hitting you up?

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Peace brehs,I need some advice on some opportunities I have.

On one hand, I have a 1 year maternity leave replacement as a sales and operation coordinator for a small company. It fits what I want as a career path and the first call with the recruiter was excellent. I may have a confirmation by the middle of next week.

On the other hand, I have somebody (working in the company) who is referring me for a job as a Project Control Officer for CGI. But I don't have any clue of how it's coming along.

Everybody is telling me to wait for the CGI job but it's very vague. Should I decline the first job if they get back to me and wait for the CGI one ?

Last edited:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Reading this thread is very motivating.

I just got laid off due to lack of work and realized that my degree is dead end. Ill probably max at $55k with my major.

Im 29, looking to start with the A+ cert then go from there. ATL seems to have a lot of opportunity so i might as well get serious now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Reading this thread is very motivating.

I just got laid off due to lack of work and realized that my degree is dead end. Ill probably max at $55k with my major.

Im 29, looking to start with the A+ cert then go from there. ATL seems to have a lot of opportunity so i might as well get serious now
whats your degree in?