IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Looks like I didnt get that job brehs :mjcry:

Instead they hired a guy with 1 yr helpdesk experience and no ccna :dwillhuh: what kinda bullshyt is this?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Congrats breh :salute:

I'd recommend you pick a path and stick with it instead of jumping around. A CCNP is way more valuable than multiple CCNA's.

I will take that into consideration, but first a question for you: If getting my CCNA W and S should only take me 6 months total, how long should the CCNP:RS take me?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I will take that into consideration, but first a question for you: If getting my CCNA W and S should only take me 6 months total, how long should the CCNP:RS take me?

Honestly it depends on your study habits. I got my CCNP Security in 4 months but all I did was study all day.

The CCNP R&S builds on everything covered in the CCNA, so you'll go deeper into configuring routing protocols, MPLS, and 802.1x, the various types of spanning tree, etc.

Just make sure you have a plan. If you wanna make paper you're gonna have to specialize and be an expert in a specific area.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Honestly it depends on your study habits. I got my CCNP Security in 4 months but all I did was study all day.

The CCNP R&S builds on everything covered in the CCNA, so you'll go deeper into configuring routing protocols, MPLS, and 802.1x, the various types of spanning tree, etc.

Just make sure you have a plan. If you wanna make paper you're gonna have to specialize and be an expert in a specific area.
Yeah at work i got at least 3+ hours of study time, and a big plus i work for a recycler so i get my hands on networking equipment all of the time for labs.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I see this thread started in 2012 and It's 2016 and almost 500 pages long. lol, Not saying I don't got time for that, but that's a lot of digging, and I'm sure things have changed since then.

Not even trying to get a job in IT. just trying to learn something new and become the best i can at it. Although being a web designer would be cool.

Where would one start NOW.

Should I go to CC or should I dabble online for a bit?

Of course any info would be helpful.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I see this thread started in 2012 and It's 2016 and almost 500 pages long. lol, Not saying I don't got time for that, but that's a lot of digging, and I'm sure things have changed since then.

Not even trying to get a job in IT. just trying to learn something new and become the best i can at it. Although being a web designer would be cool.

Where would one start NOW.

Should I go to CC or should I dabble online for a bit?

Of course any info would be helpful.
Wen designer you can just read up on CSS. It's a book I had I'll post a link later.