IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
MD
Apartment stuff finally settled, Finally smashed one of my bucket list chicks, MCSE first tests scheduled for the end of May.

It's shocker season :demonic:
good shyt.

I started studying for the SSCP, using it as a stepping stone for the CISSP. I also need to sell my house so I can relocate out to San Diego to work closer to my client.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
To brehs who do the Contract stuff, when do you all tend to start applying for work to move to the next contract and do companies tend to give you enough time before hand to let you know if they will be renewing you?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
To brehs who do the Contract stuff, when do you all tend to start applying for work to move to the next contract and do companies tend to give you enough time before hand to let you know if they will be renewing you?

Curious about that myself. I would assume you start putting feelers out for a new job when the terms of the contract are close to up.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Curious about that myself. I would assume you start putting feelers out for a new job when the terms of the contract are close to up.
yea, someone hit me up with a sweet gig, but I cant try to jump on it until next month but in general I have been thinking about moving to contract, but I want to be sure how things are because getting new gigs can take sometimes 3+ months so I wanted at least an idea of how much foresight people get before jumping to the next move.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
whats a good cert to try and get or at least study for as a junior in college? my main focus this summer is to improve my c++ skills but if I could feasibly get a cert before I graduate that would look really good on a resume fresh out of college:lupe:

like I told bdizzle im kinda getting interested in the security field but I welcome everything at this point

Daps
whats a good cert to try and get or at least study for as a junior in college? my main focus this summer is to improve my c++ skills but if I could feasibly get a cert before I graduate that would look really good on a resume fresh out of college:lupe:

like I told bdizzle im kinda getting interested in the security field but I welcome everything at this point
Network + is probably a good place to start. Everyone needs networking knowledge. And that will provide a good base of knowledge for when you start down the CCNA path.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I did good except for one question

Something about a network drive and files not showing up

I was like unplug and plug it back it in

Interviewer was like this :martin:

I was like um I mean reconfigure the settings

And shyt I hate interviews

I feel like a bytch but I wanna be more confident but not too confident

And dude had a real monotone quiet voice so maybe I was subconsciously trying to match his tone