IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This thread has been nothing but good to me as of late. I found a post of mine waaaay back in 2013 struggling with Java and in the last 2 1/2 years, tossed school to the bushes (less than 30 credits to go), had a kid, and ended up working a helpdesk/customer support gig with a major cable company for a year (as recommended in this very thread). I was promoted soon after to a department that pretty much does low-level account analysis and resolving order entry errors. We use remedy however only for submitting tickets, not resolving them. The work is beyond rudimentary and the pay is evidence of that...Not even challenging or satisfying.

SO I decided to take the long way here and read every page of this thread (ALSO as suggested)..You skippin', you trippin' :ufdup:

That said I have one question because its kind of a running theme every dozen pages or so:

With an A+ in tow, should one aim for Network+ THEN ccent-ccna or jump straight to ccent-ccna? I've read of the "suggested" pre-reqs/skills needed to go for ccent and basically an A+ is more than sufficient according to some however others suggest there are concepts/language in ccent worth being acclimated with prior to pursuing?

Holla at me brehs...

:jbhmm:

People shyt on network + but I recommend it to get ready for the CCNA

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This thread has been nothing but good to me as of late. I found a post of mine waaaay back in 2013 struggling with Java and in the last 2 1/2 years, tossed school to the bushes (less than 30 credits to go), had a kid, and ended up working a helpdesk/customer support gig with a major cable company for a year (as recommended in this very thread). I was promoted soon after to a department that pretty much does low-level account analysis and resolving order entry errors. We use remedy however only for submitting tickets, not resolving them. The work is beyond rudimentary and the pay is evidence of that...Not even challenging or satisfying.

SO I decided to take the long way here and read every page of this thread (ALSO as suggested)..You skippin', you trippin' :ufdup:

That said I have one question because its kind of a running theme every dozen pages or so:

With an A+ in tow, should one aim for Network+ THEN ccent-ccna or jump straight to ccent-ccna? I've read of the "suggested" pre-reqs/skills needed to go for ccent and basically an A+ is more than sufficient according to some however others suggest there are concepts/language in ccent worth being acclimated with prior to pursuing?

Holla at me brehs...

:jbhmm:
Def get CCNA dont even waste your time thinking about getting an N+

CCNA is pretty much changing my life right now breh

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:banderas: The lord giveth my nygga :blessed:

How long did it take you to snag your CCNA if you don't mind me askin' breh
For me personally I started in September and got it in December...Besides a few weeks where I was bullshytting I made sure I did something CCNA related everyday

It all depends on how bad you want it, how well you abosrb info and how much time you put into honestly

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
For me personally I started in September and got it in December...Besides a few weeks where I was bullshytting I made sure I did something CCNA related everyday

It all depends on how bad you want it, how well you abosrb info and how much time you put into honestly
Dope! Every evening of the week I can dedicate a strong 4-5 hours of study time uninterrupted...Not to mention viewing videos throughout my work day...My goal is to obtain it before the winter...

I appreciate your info breh :salute:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My cousin in IT told me my goal should be to aim for a CISSP and that it can get you 100k a year

Y'all agree?

FYI it's not really the CISSP that gets you the money, it's your skillset. If you have your CISSP but don't have the skillset that pays 6 figures no one is gonna hire you

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Nope...it was one of those places where they just couldn't wait to meet me then when they saw me :mjpls: the air comes out the room...whole mood changes...didnt even hear back from them...they seemed real :mjpls:

:russ:

or when you go in for an interview and they start running they mouth nervous about how they love diversity