IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
For all my mobile app developers that are heavy in the .Net game.... XAMARIN STUDIO IS FREE! for small teams and student developers. Man, I almost paid $2000 to have that Visual Studio integration, but patience is indeed a virtue (though it could have been procrastination, lol). Microsoft bought Xamarin last month and basically integrated fully with Visual Studio Community.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
1. Interview went well for the place that made me take a coding exam. Had me do some basic whiteboard coding in Python and i was able to do it. fukk whiteboard coding :scust:, but they're going to put me through she said :ehh:

2. NOC interview went really well. I spent hours studying protocols, IOS commands, etc and the most complex thing he asked me was a troubleshooting question about pinging a router for connectivity :dahell: 2nd round interviews soon come. :birdman:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
1. Interview went well for the place that made me take a coding exam. Had me do some basic whiteboard coding in Python and i was able to do it. fukk whiteboard coding :scust:, but they're going to put me through she said :ehh:

2. NOC interview went really well. I spent hours studying protocols, IOS commands, etc and the most complex thing he asked me was a troubleshooting question about pinging a router for connectivity :dahell: 2nd round interviews soon come. :birdman:

Were you the one interviewing with Redhat?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah that was me. I did OK with the assessment. Simple stuff you'd do on any machines: Disable firewalld, enable iptables, set hostnames, set up apache, create a script to backup log files, etc
Oh ok. Do you have that RHCE (i think thats it) cert? I heard when you get that you are pretty much a shoe in to get hired by them

semtex

:)
Daps
For all my mobile app developers that are heavy in the .Net game.... XAMARIN STUDIO IS FREE! for small teams and student developers. Man, I almost paid $2000 to have that Visual Studio integration, but patience is indeed a virtue (though it could have been procrastination, lol). Microsoft bought Xamarin last month and basically integrated fully with Visual Studio Community.
Oh shyt :ohhh:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@EastCoastNaga we made it breh....let's celebrate
full