IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
To brehs that got their A+ recently (@bdizzle said he got his like a decade ago and referenced me here) Do you guys got any tips? Recommended books? Let me know. Plan on going for it to at least get into a help desk role and move up.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Which one is better and what does it mean?

Hourly Rate: Corp-to-Corp = $30. or W2 Temporary Position = $25 to $27 DOE

@CashmereEsquire @bdizzle @Silkk

If you're starting out, don't chase money. Go for jobs that will give you the experience and skillset that will make you more money. I took a pay cut to get my first security gig.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Which one is better and what does it mean?

@CashmereEsquire @bdizzle @Silkk

Corp to corp will be the higher rate as there are no benefits and you have to figure out taxes on your own. W2 will be less because taxes are already factored in on their end. Me personally i wouldnt mess with Corp to corp without knowing someone thats a CPA who can help you maximize your tax deductions come tax time because essentially you would be working as your own company so to speak so a CPA could help you with "business expense" write offs to help lower the amount of taxes you will pay.

The other guys may be able to give better insight though.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
If you're starting out, don't chase money. Go for jobs that will give you the experience and skillset that will make you more money. I took a pay cut to get my first security gig.

This position will be part of a team which has a rotating shift schedule, including days and nights. There will also be weekend and holiday schedule from time-to-time. The assigned shift has a regular weekly rotation.

Any day Monday thru Friday (excluding Holidays):

• 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

• 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

• 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

• 11:00 am - 7:00 pm

• 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Help Desk Support

Contract Type: Corp-to-Corp or W2 Temporary Position

Start: immediately

Duration: 1 year

Drug and background check required

Position Summary

Front Tier Customer Support resolving basic to intermediate technical issues for customers primarily in the US

Requires problem solving skills including logical analysis and technical troubleshooting.

Individual should be customer focused, team oriented, highly self-motivated and willing to grow.

Job Requirements

• Previous customer service experience required with proven track record of strong customer focus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.

• Familiarity with network architecture is a plus.
• The successful candidate for this position must absolutely be team player, ready to hit the ground running, have indefatigable work ethics and the flexibility to work in a mutli-cultural hi-pressure work environment.

Duties

• Provide support to customers primarily through the internal Ticket System. Support requests come in via email and/or telephone.

• Champion customer needs internally with engineers in Customer Support, Network Operations, third party vendors and so on to facilitate problem resolution.

• Communicate technical processes and concepts to customers of varying skill levels.

• Coordinate situation management events by delegating and redirecting cases and calls to appropriate work groups

• Thoroughly describes and documents work using trouble ticketing system.

• Manage trouble ticketing queues for support issues.

• Monitor customer solutions for connectivity, system health, and performance alerts.

• Perform basic analysis and troubleshooting of network and computer system problems associated with customer solutions.

• Provides status to Supervisor regarding the availability and timelines associated with customer service and support issues.

• Performs other duties as assigned.

Install software remotely

Environment:

HP Service Center MS Office 2003 & 2010 Microsoft XP RSA Token WYSE Blackberry Lap/Desktop Mobile Phone Cisco VoIP Citrix Xen Farm/

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
*Channels my inner @bdizzle *

It's been said 10,000 times already where to start :comeon:

Stop Bullshytting or Enjoy The Projects :ufdup:
This is a 300 page thread :damn: We need a key points index. I understand A+ will get me entry but Network+ will get me somewhere after that right? :lupe: I'll leave yall alone after this

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This is a 300 page thread :damn: We need a key points index. I understand A+ will get me entry but Network+ will get me somewhere after that right? :lupe: I'll leave yall alone after this

Read the thread breh. I don't even need the advice in here and I've read it from page 1 multiple times.

But start with the A+ and don't waste time on the Network+

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest

Ive read this thread front to back about 5 times at different points...you cant read through this thread you might as well throw your IT dreams in the bushes...

theres so much to pick up on in this you need to read it through and take notes :ufdup:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
1) Interviewed for a Network field tech today. Went well :ehh:

2) Got an interview lined up at a NOC :krs:

3) Internship supervisor tells me she's going to chat with our Networking architect and see if they'll create a position for me :leon:

God bless this thread for all the advice :mjcry: