IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
You trying to get into BI or something? I know Hadoop is hot right now, dont know how it will be from a longevity standpoint. That said as long as you got a good core of skills then go for it.

I just figured it might be good to add to the repertoire since I'm interested in learning more about big data. BI is something I'm considering but more importantly I do some work for the BI people at my job right now and Hadoop is one of the solutions we use.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
@EastCoastNaga we made it breh....let's celebrate
full

:lupe:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I just figured it might be good to add to the repertoire since I'm interested in learning more about big data. BI is something I'm considering but more importantly I do some work for the BI people at my job right now and Hadoop is one of the solutions we use.

yea My company has a few Hadoop Consultant roles open and I see it often listed for Analyst roles. Like I said I dont think you can go wrong. It seems like as long as you have a good 3-4 things you great at, then every few years you can pick up 1-2 things that are "hot" to get that bump in pay.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
@bdizzle how hard is this ticketing stuff? I'm looking at help desk jobs and a lot of them require stuff like remedy, zen desk, vision help, etc

Ticketing systems you can pick up while on the job....We used Remedy. You should be good in 1 - 2 weeks.

• Dap
Reactions: Dig

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm self studying, and I have the Mike Meyers A+ book.

Basically he says that you should never pay full price for an exam, and he recommended totalsem.com to get vouchers.

I went on the site, but the vouchers are only $20 less than full price.

Is there any way to get a better voucher, or will I just have to pay that?

Can anybody answer my question :mjcry:

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
You trying to get into BI or something? I know Hadoop is hot right now, dont know how it will be from a longevity standpoint. That said as long as you got a good core of skills then go for it.

It will be hot for a long time, because businesses are generating more and more data year over year and Hadoop is currently the best solution to process and parse that data.

You not making pivot tables out of millions of rows with dozens of colums in Excel lol

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Today was my first day at the new job. After searching for about 6 months on and off and who knows how many interviews. They're gonna teach me VMware and AWS and a bunch of other shyt!

The people are cool too. Only problem is I suck with names and faces. And I get paid monthly.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It will be hot for a long time, because businesses are generating more and more data year over year and Hadoop is currently the best solution to process and parse that data.

You not making pivot tables out of millions of rows with dozens of colums in Excel lol
Right now, according to Gartner, the main BI tools for business users is Tableau, Qlik, and I think Microsoft.
magic-quadrant_2016-700.png