IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The lack of info out there for MCSE materials is :patrice:
Literally 1 book everyone points to for Designing and Implementing server infrastructure and it has 5 mediocre reviews :patrice:

Seems like quite a gap in the market :patrice:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
i applied to a tech training place here to get another in to Networking (my internship is coming to a close and i'm not sure i want the FT position they're offering atm, so im weighing up some options). This place usually trains and helps coders from the ground up, but I saw they also help out people in networking and infosec, so i filled out the application, selected only the careers in networking and security, fucc it why not :I submit the app and it takes me to a developer test :dahell:

They had me solve the lonely integer and merging arrays, and some other shyt. I only have 1 hour and 30 minutes, and I have only self taught basic scripting in mySQL, Python, and PowerShell :mjcry:

I figured out how to do the Lonely Integer in Python 2 and submitted it, and did a decent job with the merging arrays in SQL, but the whole time I was :mjcry:

But they're inviting me to an interview, apparently it was just a baseline test. but im not a coder and indicated as such on my application and didnt tick any interest in development. I'm going to walk in there like

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The lack of info out there for MCSE materials is :patrice:
Literally 1 book everyone points to for Designing and Implementing server infrastructure and it has 5 mediocre reviews :patrice:

Seems like quite a gap in the market :patrice:
Vip.careeracademy.com

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I got a phone interview monday for a network engineer role downtown manhatten

I think i low balled myself when they asked me my salary requirements :dead: i said 85k and if it was in range. They said it was. They probably was looking like ":pachaha: it sure is"

Silkk

Daps
I did a quick search on Reddit and seen people say its not all that great, but 30 bucks for a yr is a steal hmm
It was i used for my A+, Network+, & Security+

Only issues is the lack of labs but the price is still unfukkwitable

Silkk

Daps
yea 30 bucks is the cost of one class on other sites. Is this a limited time thing or pretty much their set up?
Says its limited but doesn't give an exact end date.

But you get it for the year and then $29 a year after that unless you cancel

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
@bdizzle how hard is this ticketing stuff? I'm looking at help desk jobs and a lot of them require stuff like remedy, zen desk, vision help, etc

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@bdizzle how hard is this ticketing stuff? I'm looking at help desk jobs and a lot of them require stuff like remedy, zen desk, vision help, etc

Give it a day you'll have no issue with any of them. A lot of them are much more powerful than this, but most of the time at the help desk level all you're going to do is have someone assign tickets to your queue, then you work on them and account for your time.