IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
any newbies getting started, you might as well join me, fire up a couple vmwares and pm for my hangouts info or we open up a aim.

Better to learn with people who can assist you.

I'm spreaking windows networking side.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah I got about 7 years experience but a majority was working helpdesk, only moved up to a Sys Engineer a year and a half or so ago. I'm fukking up. :to:

Usually I'm just too lazy to study outside of work. I'd rather go home and bullshyt around on the coli in my spare time (such as right now). :skip:

You're probably making 100k less than you should be making right now :wow:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
that's too long but I'll see.

Oh sorry, i worded that wrong, I mean you have to do it within 6 months.
Just incase you buy more that one at a time, if your doing MCSA you need 3.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Oh sorry, i worded that wrong, I mean you have to do it within 6 months.
Just incase you buy more that one at a time, if your doing MCSA you need 3.

plan on doing it in 60 days, will cop thanks man...

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The key is if you want it, you'll do what it takes to go get it. Invest in quality resources and stop seeking cheap material. Seek high quality material. If you see a course that may be $100, but it contains all the information you need, buy it. This is called investment. I spent thousands of dollars on books and courses. I could have cheaped out, but then again I would still be back at my old job making a pitiful wage.

Also, if you're easily distracted, create an environment away from all your distractions and that is conducive towards you focusing. It's also important to be around a group of like minded people if you can, because it can really help enhance your skills.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I have a consulting company where we do security assessments and hardware refreshes for small businesses. There's money there, but it's not super easy to get into. A lot of it is word of mouth so you're gonna have to find your niche and market to that group. That's been my biggest struggle.

I got started doing hardware assessments for EHR software rollouts. I found a few vendors, signed up under their software implementation program, and started marketing to businesses who wanted to upgrade to the new version.

If you want to get into it, figure out your niche then start building your website/marketing strategy around attracting clients in that space. My first job I billed out at $100/hr, paid my contractor $15-20/hr, and walked around with 2 racks and didn't do shyt but send a few emails :wow:
Were they desperate ex cons? :wtf:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How many years of experience you got :patrice:

If you got more than 3 years and you only making $27/hr you fukking up :ufdup:

My one goal is to get y'all to realize there is REAL money out there in IT. Don't settle for $27/hr, settle for $72/hr :blessed:
Updated my dice account salary requirements and got two offers this week at $60 an hour, had me like:wtf:

Wasn't expecting that at all, but i guess it's hiring season or something. Bout to fully update all my shyt and see what shakes this week.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Don't mean to ask but I need Internet on this VMware network.

I'm running server 12 and 2 clients win 10 pro hooked up with a domain.

It's "host only"

I need Internet on this network, it's not connected to my real network. Pm me if you can assist.

I will use TeamViewer and you can see what I'm speaking off.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Gonna download Windows 10 professional. Home can't do shyt.

Try to learn it on a home machine that has no features brehs:francis:

No hyper v:francis: