IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Man seeing y'all get it is giving me mad movation to stop bullshyt and get on this grind :wow::mjcry:

8 months left in this year lets go get this bread brehs :mjcry::wow:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Be careful with those small business routers, while they use IOS, it's a b*stardized version and isn't the same version of IOS that the catalyst switches use.

:snoop: i'm an idiot. at least it was used :whew: thats what i get for following CBT nugs advice

Whats a good switch to learn the current IOS on then? :sadcam:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yep. I threw my Security+ studies in the bushes and started hitting the books for CCNA. I'm about to transition from my internship to a Tier 1 System Support Analyst role (some Tier 2) so nows the time to keep pushing and get my CCENT before summer. Luckily theres a lot of overlap with Net+ so I haven't been troubled with the material.

I was gonna ask y'all about home labbing, but like everyone says part of the game is going out there and doing research for yourself.... I ordered a Cisco 851W router off Amazon to learn IOS, and I got GNS3 a couple months back, so I've been doing virtual sims. I'll see what i can scrounge off the engineer. I also hit up my local PC recycler and they're gonna let me look through their shyt :jbhmm:

I wanna be an architect :mjcry: thanks for all the advice and real talk btw.

Be careful what you wish for breh :mjpls:

With great power comes great responsibility :wow:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:snoop: i'm an idiot. at least it was used :whew: thats what i get for following CBT nugs advice

Whats a good switch to learn the current IOS on then? :sadcam:

I'm not sure about the CCNA, but the CCIE lists hardware and iOS versions required for the exam. See if they have something similar for the CCNA/CCNP.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@GollyImGully here's a network security engineer gig that I got e-mailed about a few days ago. Them firewall cats be eating real good :eat:

wHjElnP1.png

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
I'm not sure about the CCNA, but the CCIE lists hardware and iOS versions required for the exam. See if they have something similar for the CCNA/CCNP.
You right :snoop: 2960s and Version 15 according to google, thanks.

Be careful what you wish for breh :mjpls:

With great power comes great responsibility :wow:

:lupe: go on

I know it's a high pressure job, but I feel like unless I gun for the top I'm selling myself short :manny: I'm still new to this but I also feel that while some network tasks are automatable, designing and creating a network will probably still be done mostly by humans... I wanna be as irreplaceable as possible

Plus it seems like a good out into consulting :dame:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

I know it's a high pressure job, but I feel like unless I gun for the top I'm selling myself short :manny: I'm still new to this but I also feel that while some network tasks are automatable, designing and creating a network will probably still be done mostly by humans... I wanna be as irreplaceable as possible

:heh: I'm just bullshytting breh. I've had various architect positions over my career (security and AD) and I rarely do shyt :ohlawd:

All I do is post on the Coli :ahh:

But there's been times where I was on 20 projects at once and had meetings from 9am-5pm 5 days a week :damn:

But if you wanna be at an architect level though you gotta really know your shyt. You're typically the SME on various subjects so when nobody knows how to fix shyt, you're who they call.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I`m in Consulting now and the architects on my project dont do a damn thing
:mjlol::mjcry:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
:heh: I'm just bullshytting breh. I've had various architect positions over my career (security and AD) and I rarely do shyt :ohlawd:

All I do is post on the Coli :ahh:

But there's been times where I was on 20 projects at once and had meetings from 9am-5pm 5 days a week :damn:

But if you wanna be at an architect level though you gotta really know your shyt. You're typically the SME on various subjects so when nobody knows how to fix shyt, you're who they call.

That's the thing tho, I really wanna be the expert, even if i change lanes into security or specialize in voice or something. I wanna be that breh with the CCIE. I wanna shut shyt down :mjcry:

Money is part of it but what I want more than anything is to be recognized for my excellence and reach the top in my field. I want corporate america to come to ME not the other way around

Lord help me, all I ever wanted to be was wealthy or
Somebody to tell me that they felt me

full

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
damn :wow: all this money out here just waiting for me :whew:

Which is I stay on y'all nikkas when y'all talk that dumb shyt saying you're too tired/busy to study :ufdup:

And 170k is light work breh. There's a breh on here sitting on 300k+ on the low :wow:

That's the thing tho, I really wanna be the expert, even if i change lanes into security or specialize in voice or something. I wanna be that breh with the CCIE. I wanna shut shyt down :mjcry:

Money is part of it but what I want more than anything is to be recognized for my excellence and reach the top in my field. I want corporate america to come to ME not the other way around

Lord help me, all I ever wanted to be was wealthy or
Somebody to tell me that they felt me

full

If you get your CCIE you'll be eating real well breh :whew:

I typed in CCIE in my email and these are all the recruiters that's been hitting me up :blessed:.

OnvVMMJc.png

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@bdizzle Your knowledge is so vast and you always down to help. You appriciated for real:wow: and everyone else who has contributed, my motivation is at an all time high and its because of this thread :whew:
I hope you all payin attention :banderas:
When I make 6 imma buy you coli fitted :wow:

I'd rather have a new hairline :bdizzle: