IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I'm confused why do y'all "want" to work in healthcare:patrice:

I used to and its no different than any other environment :ehh:

well for me, it's because i studied biology in school but didnt finish. Ended up doing IT work. so i would love to work for a hospital and go back to school. I figured if i work for a hospital they would pay for me to finish my bio degree. Dont get me wrong i like computers. I know yall making mad money but i still have a passion for healthcare. HEALTH IT - BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
from my experience...its political and most hospitals really want someone to have some sort of healthcare background (IT or non IT) to break into that area

i've tried so many times :francis:

did you apply anywhere else besides hospitals? When you go to indeed or any other job board, what do you type in? i was typing clinical analyst, application analyst.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
well for me, it's because i studied biology in school but didnt finish. Ended up doing IT work. so i would love to work for a hospital and go back to school. I figured if i work for a hospital they would pay for me to finish my bio degree. Dont get me wrong i like computers. I know yall making mad money but i still have a passion for healthcare. HEALTH IT - BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

I doubt any company would pay for your bio degree to be honest with you. Typically they'll pay for education if it's part of your job function. They'd probably pay for you to get a CS/IT degree, but I doubt they'd do the same for bio.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I doubt any company would pay for your bio degree to be honest with you. Typically they'll pay for education if it's part of your job function. They'd probably pay for you to get a CS/IT degree, but I doubt they'd do the same for bio.
even if i work in a healthcare setting?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
even if i work in a healthcare setting?

It's not the setting, it's your job function. There is zero benefit to the IT department to pay for your Biology degree (the money to pay for it comes out of the departments budget).

If you worked in the IT department of a law firm, they wouldn't pay for your law degree either.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I'm confused why do y'all "want" to work in healthcare:patrice:

I used to and its no different than any other environment :ehh:

Agreed. Unless he's talking about Epic, which is boring as hell to me and the salaries aren't that great, at least in my place of work. And they're controlling as fukk when it comes to getting certed up and letting people get into the game :stopitslime:

:manny:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Agreed. Unless he's talking about Epic, which is boring as hell to me and the salaries aren't that great, at least in my place of work. And they're controlling as fukk when it comes to getting certed up and letting people get into the game :stopitslime:

:manny:

The hospital I worked at was running Epic too. I tried to get into it but the shyt was kinda confusing. I did a bunch of bunch of Epic related security projects though. The last one I did before leaving was integrating it with an LDAP provider.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
If your goal is to get a free education, work for a university. They usually offer free tuition for employees, at least my school did.

thats what i would love to do. move back to philly maybe work for Temple Hospital or University of Penn. Or move to Maryland and work for John Hopkins.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many years of experience you got :patrice:

If you got more than 3 years and you only making $27/hr you fukking up :ufdup:

My one goal is to get y'all to realize there is REAL money out there in IT. Don't settle for $27/hr, settle for $72/hr :blessed:

What's your savings account looking like?