IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
So I ended up getting my first Help Desk gig back in July.

It was me & 1 other person(IT admin). He was consulted to be the IT guy for a law firm of 50 users & needed a helper.

After a week on the job, he told me he had to take on a year long project elsewhere, but he'd word remotely & leave me on site.

From there my schedule became Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri 12pm to 4pm

Then on Wednesday's we'd do the real work since he'd be in.

I should have left at that point cause I knew i'd be in way over my head, but I kept positive & stood there. I also needed the $$$.

Now I'm the only guy on site 4 days a week supporting 50 users & I have ZERO professional experience.

It was cool for the first month since I only dealt with internet issues, minor outlook stuff, & printer issues.

After that month, the IT admin started slacking off & it became hard to get in contact with him when things would go wrong with the legal software(LegalFiles)

People were losing files, not being able to log in, & all sorts of issues. Users there were looking at me to fix things I had no idea about.

You're locked out cause you inputted the wrong password? I can't reset it since only Paul(IT admin) has access to Active Directory.

The server is down? I can't do anything about that since I don't have the credentials to remote in & look at things.

I winged it as best as I could, but in November he let me go due to "lack of experience"

I've had a few interviews since then, but being let go from my last gig is stopping others from giving me a chance.

Just a minor rant. Back to the books I go.
I fukking HATE when admins/security act like bytches with the restrictions :snoop:

Silkk

Daps
This type of shyt so annoying :what:

Good afternoon,

My name is Jeremy Tinnel. I am an IT recruiter. We have a client of ours who is looking for an IT Field Engineer for a contract to hire in Dayton Ohio. The position requires a Security + certification and ability to obtain an Security Clearance. The client is looking for someone to start immediately. The pay is $14 an hour. If you are interested please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Jeremy Tinnel

Technical Recruiter

nikka don't live nowhere near there and they tryna pay people rape rates :what:

Daps
Reppin
MD
This type of shyt so annoying :what:

Good afternoon,

My name is Jeremy Tinnel. I am an IT recruiter. We have a client of ours who is looking for an IT Field Engineer for a contract to hire in Dayton Ohio. The position requires a Security + certification and ability to obtain an Security Clearance. The client is looking for someone to start immediately. The pay is $14 an hour. If you are interested please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Jeremy Tinnel

Technical Recruiter

nikka don't live nowhere near there and they tryna pay people rape rates :what:

:trash:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Speaking of the CCNP who here has taken it recently?

I am going to take the ROUTE exam end of the month but im curious to know how different it is from CCNA?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Speaking of the CCNP who here has taken it recently?

I am going to take the ROUTE exam end of the month but im curious to know how different it is from CCNA?

I have my CCNP Security and the ROUTE exam is heavily focused on routing protocols (RIPv2, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), while the CCNA covers routing, switching, ACL's and a bunch of general knowledge. Cisco has exam topics for their exams so you'll know what's covered:

ROUTE Exam Topics - The Cisco Learning Network

Silkk

Daps
That's actually the way it's supposed to be. It's a security concept called least privilege.
That shyt don't apply to me, if i'm the only one working past a certain hour and a job won't give me rights to do something i know i can, i take that as disrespect :birdman:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
That shyt don't apply to me, if i'm the only one working past a certain hour and a job won't give me rights to do something i know i can, i take that as disrespect :birdman:

Sounds like you need to diversify your bonds :mjpls: