IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Software Devs, Engineers etc. You need to get on this website:

shyt ton of cool jobs coming up. Of course do your research and due diligence (watch Shark tank especially so you understand how to identify a good profitable business model/idea) but there are some real high quality jobs here: AngelList - Where the world meets startups

Cross reference with Glassdoor.com because a lot of these start-ups have employee reviews already by their Series C funding.

Time to eat...:cook:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
FED Withholding, FED Med/EE, FED OASDI/EE, 403b, Mandatory TRS(Teacher Retirement System)....

20fa3598_marlo.gif

Haven't even started my benefits yet man. This some bullshyt, on contract i was doing 2k minimum every other week now i'm losing like 50% of my gross. :francis:

@bdizzle Tell me something good :francis:

Silkk

Daps
i ended up lying a little on my resume and they found out so took back their offer :skip:

you say starter job so i'm assuming you have no IT job experience...if so then you're gonna have to start at helpdesk or some PC refresh/upgrade job. it's gonna suck but around the 6 month to 1 year mark you should start looking for a desktop support job so you get more involved with the infrastructure side of things (servers and network). Also study up on some certifications (A+ and network+ is a good starting point for anyone). You don't necessarily have to pass the exams but make sure you know the content, the fundamentals and terminology. an easy way to break into the industry is to work with recruiters. they have high turnover jobs so are always constantly looking for ppl which is good for ppl looking to get in.
How big was the lie? :lupe:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
How big was the lie? :lupe:

I put independent contractor on my resume and said I was doing work such as building computers, removing viruses and other basic stuff but didn't have a business license so it wasn't recognized as legit. They caught me not having a license and just asked for paperwork and I just told them it was all under the table and they just moved on. Other companies have never asked about it so I thought it wasn't gonna be a problem:yeshrug:

Silkk

Daps
I put independent contractor on my resume and said I was doing work such as building computers, removing viruses and other basic stuff but didn't have a business license so it wasn't recognized as legit. They caught me not having a license and just asked for paperwork and I just told them it was all under the table and they just moved on. Other companies have never asked about it so I thought it wasn't gonna be a problem:yeshrug:
Yeah, that sound like a cop out on their end :russ:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
FED Withholding, FED Med/EE, FED OASDI/EE, 403b, Mandatory TRS(Teacher Retirement System)....

20fa3598_marlo.gif

Haven't even started my benefits yet man. This some bullshyt, on contract i was doing 2k minimum every other week now i'm losing like 50% of my gross. :francis:

@bdizzle Tell me something good :francis:

That's the struggle of contracting vs going FT :manny:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Bored of this place now :pachaha:..been like 6 months?
Spend most of my day at work studying and labbing.
Co worker always asks me "What is that your doing :lupe:"

You just continue reading manga over there bruh
full
I'm using all my down time to study for Security+ and CCNA exam. I have some computers in my office that I can use for a lab. I'm going to create a lab and start practicing network configuration with the server.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm using all my down time to study for Security+ and CCNA exam. I have some computers in my office that I can use for a lab. I'm going to create a lab and start practicing network configuration with the server.
Production? :whoa:

Grab Packet Tracer and GNS3 you be Gucci.

Packet tracer can actually cover all the ccna content

Tbh the exam was a bunch of show commands from what I can remember :jbhmm:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Bored of this place now :pachaha:..been like 6 months?
Spend most of my day at work studying and labbing.
Co worker always asks me "What is that your doing :lupe:"

You just continue reading manga over there bruh
full

:heh: that's pretty much It in a nutshell. Most the time you don't even do shyt......but when shyt hits the fan :damn: