IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I appreciate that, breh. I became a member because of the Coliseum snd this thread. When you, kevm3 and Chris B. dropping jewels when this thread first started, I became a member quickly and took some notes. That's why I be here some times and post some resourceful infos. We have to continue to what we normally do to get some brethrens out of poverty.

Also, breh, I will never get comfortable. I need to reach that 6 figure income. To attain mass of wealth, is a never-ending mission.

You ain't even lie breh :wow:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I appreciate that, breh. I became a member because of the Coliseum snd this thread. When you, kevm3 and Chris B. dropping jewels when this thread first started, I became a member quickly and took some notes. That's why I be here some times and post some resourceful infos. We have to continue to what we normally do to get some brethrens out of poverty.

Also, breh, I will never get comfortable. I need to reach that 6 figure income. To attain mass of wealth, is a never-ending mission.
Where do you live?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
In 2014 I was making minimum wage, I had to hustle hard in fixing computers as my side job. I was financially struggling and experience difficulties to get an IT job:mjcry:. After I got my A+ certification and updated my resume, I had many companies calling me for a job offer, but I couldn't accept those job offers because I didn't have car at that time :francis:. Finally, some one whom I know promised to hire me if he has a help desk position available a year earlier. He kept his words and got me in the field. So, I started my first IT career in 2015. I worked for a state agency for 8 months as a contractor and got hired permanently. My pay scale increased from $14.00 an hour with no benefits to $19.50 an hour with benefits. Plus, the benefits come with a tuition reimbursement program that I can used to pay for my education. I haven't been in the IT field for a year and I'm already making decent money. This is the most easiest job I ever have in my history of working. I'm getting pay and rarely do any work since I got promoted:lolbron:. This forum really changed my life :mjcry:.

:wow: :mjcry: i almost got watery eyed reading this.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm just jumping into the thread as I randomly came across it again, but remember unlike other certs CISSP needs documented experience of 4/5 years in any of the 8 domains and you need to know another CISSP person who can vouch for you. Otherwise you won't be a CISSP, instead you'll be an associate of

Depending on your experience it maybe worthwhile waiting to get the experience. The studying will be a lot easier as most if it can be learnt on the job.

Additionally the security field takes a lot of work in and out of the office. A lot of extra curricular work is necessary to know the current exploits, the current threat actors and their TTPs, scripting languages, the way OS work, the way malware works, etc.

The CISSP is a management certification. It's not entry level, hence why most jobs asking for it will also ask for a few years of experience too
You think i'm a chump or something? :dame:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 2014 I was making minimum wage, I had to hustle hard in fixing computers as my side job. I was financially struggling and experience difficulties to get an IT job:mjcry:. After I got my A+ certification and updated my resume, I had many companies calling me for a job offer, but I couldn't accept those job offers because I didn't have car at that time :francis:. Finally, some one whom I know promised to hire me if he has a help desk position available a year earlier. He kept his words and got me in the field. So, I started my first IT career in 2015. I worked for a state agency for 8 months as a contractor and got hired permanently. My pay scale increased from $14.00 an hour with no benefits to $19.50 an hour with benefits. Plus, the benefits come with a tuition reimbursement program that I can used to pay for my education. I haven't been in the IT field for a year and I'm already making decent money. This is the most easiest job I ever have in my history of working. I'm getting pay and rarely do any work since I got promoted:lolbron:. This forum really changed my life :mjcry:.

For brehs who's down on their luck and fukked up, IT is an easy way to get on your feet. When I was 21 I was working at Target making $7/hr, living on my own a roach motel struggling. I got my 1st IT gig as an intern making $8.98/hr. 6 months later they brought me in fulltime and I was making $19/hr, with insurance and retirement :mjcry:. That shyt literally took me out of poverty :wow:

That shyt literally changed my life cause I was bout to start robbing nikkas next :demonic:

Just don't get comfortable now breh, you're just getting started. By 2020 you should be making at least 100k easy if you stay focused and hustle

Damn, I need to stop being lazy:flabbynsick:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Just started studying for the A+. Wish I would have done this earlier when I first posted in this thread :francis: but I am a renowned procrastinator plus I was interested in something that I thought was cool, Web Design, but ended up losing interest in it a short while after. You brehs have really motivated me this past week and encouraged me to toss my laziness out the window.

Reading this on my Kindle
51GO%2BsxPFrL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I also bought the IT Fundamentals(should I take this exam?) book for reinforcement and am going to use ITPro.TV as well. Any other suggestions?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

which state you live? my resume gets no hit, shot down replies, might need to drive a truck till I leave this place.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Do you guys feel it's easier to get a job in non populated or popular cities?

Atlanta compared to somewhere like columbus or macon?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Do you guys feel it's easier to get a job in non populated or popular cities?

Atlanta compared to somewhere like columbus or macon?

non populated cities have less competition because there aren't jobs there AND the few jobs there pay less since they have less competition when it comes to companies competing of a talent pool.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
non populated cities have less competition because there aren't jobs there AND the few jobs there pay less since they have less competition when it comes to companies competing of a talent pool.

dont know if I agree several largely populated cities pay low due to overpopulation. They know people will always be there to fill the positions.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
dont know if I agree several largely populated cities pay low due to overpopulation. They know people will always be there to fill the positions.

I guess I should rephrase that. MAJOR cities not Large cities. Memphis has twice the pop ATL does but no where near the job market.