IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe it took me 6 weeks of self study to pass both tests. Then again, this was back in 2006, but I can't imagine the common body of knowledge has changed that much
Did you use one of the comptia books and do practice exams? right now i'm looking at Professor Messer's videos to get an idea of the material and decide if I want to go all in.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@Silkk this just came in my inbox. AD + Security = :eat:

Sr. Systems Engineer
Portsmouth, NH 03801
10+ Months
Rate: $80/hr

The ideal candidate should have at least 5-7 years of experience supporting Microsoft’s Active Directory and Security solutions.

This position requires current and deep experience with desktop technologies including;
- Active Directory
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Active Directory Security and Delegation
- Security best practices and implementation for Microsoft technologies
- PowerShell scripting

Candidates must have exceptional multi-tasking skills, customer service, problem solving, and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level as well as convey technical concepts to non-technical individuals. Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.

The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude with the ability to lead in-depth technology discussions, articulating the business value of Microsoft Platforms solutions and advising customers on the integration of complex Active Directory infrastructures in a highly distributed environment.

This individual must be able to drive support-consulting engagements, write technical communications and work effectively with our market teams to help make their infrastructure solutions successful.

Daps
My next goal is six figures a month breh :wow:

The crazy shyt is I low key think I can do it :heh:
i mean thats only 1.2M a year..... you get some shyt to go viral you could get that easy. :yeshrug:

shyt, if that stupid be like bill shyt can go viral............

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Think ima go for MCSE next before i go for the CISSP, just cause i already have a strong foundation of it and wanna know everything.

I'm just jumping into the thread as I randomly came across it again, but remember unlike other certs CISSP needs documented experience of 4/5 years in any of the 8 domains and you need to know another CISSP person who can vouch for you. Otherwise you won't be a CISSP, instead you'll be an associate of

Depending on your experience it maybe worthwhile waiting to get the experience. The studying will be a lot easier as most if it can be learnt on the job.

Additionally the security field takes a lot of work in and out of the office. A lot of extra curricular work is necessary to know the current exploits, the current threat actors and their TTPs, scripting languages, the way OS work, the way malware works, etc.

The CISSP is a management certification. It's not entry level, hence why most jobs asking for it will also ask for a few years of experience too

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
In 2014 I was making minimum wage, I had to hustle hard in fixing computers as my side job. I was financially struggling and experience difficulties to get an IT job:mjcry:. After I got my A+ certification and updated my resume, I had many companies calling me for a job offer, but I couldn't accept those job offers because I didn't have car at that time :francis:. Finally, some one whom I know promised to hire me if he has a help desk position available a year earlier. He kept his words and got me in the field. So, I started my first IT career in 2015. I worked for a state agency for 8 months as a contractor and got hired permanently. My pay scale increased from $14.00 an hour with no benefits to $19.50 an hour with benefits. Plus, the benefits come with a tuition reimbursement program that I can used to pay for my education. I haven't been in the IT field for a year and I'm already making decent money. This is the most easiest job I ever have in my history of working. I'm getting pay and rarely do any work since I got promoted:lolbron:. This forum really changed my life :mjcry:.