IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Same route here :salute:

What are you using to study? Im using the itprotv site that someone dropped earlier along with the books and a home setup i already got going...the itprotv site is dope...they have great presentation, also get practice labs and practice tests...they have a discount code for 30% off if you google it(400 bucks for the yr with discount but worth the investment)...they have a shyt load of courses and some technical knowledge stuff (even have powershell and cissp).

ITProTV like using cheat codes :myman:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Same route here :salute:

What are you using to study? Im using the itprotv site that someone dropped earlier along with the books and a home setup i already got going...the itprotv site is dope...they have great presentation, also get practice labs and practice tests...they have a discount code for 30% off if you google it(400 bucks for the yr with discount but worth the investment)...they have a shyt load of courses and some technical knowledge stuff (even have powershell and cissp).
I was gonna use career academy from groupon like i did for my CompTIAs but they don't have interactive labs/sims.

Im about to check out that site tho

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
FYI: Don't go the consultant route if you want your job to turn into getting your English degree. Like 30% of your job is technical, 20% client relationship building, and 50% report writing. shyt is a grind. I'm thinking of going back to an internal IT position, but staying in information security. I will say however it is a career shortcut to management, especially if you get your CISSP + one other mid-level to top level technical cert (mines is a RHCE)

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I was gonna use career academy from groupon like i did for my CompTIAs but they don't have interactive labs/sims.

Im about to check out that site tho

Yeah thats what sold me on it too was the labs....check it out for a month if you dont want to go the full year subscription...only thing is you wont be able to download the videos if you want to watch offline if you go the monthly route

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
@bdizzle im tryna get setup with 2 remote gigs with this mcse...u got any in your inbox lately?...i been trying to find some on dice to check the skill set but not really seeing any or maybe im missing something...what to focus on to get them?

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
@bdizzle im tryna get setup with 2 remote gigs with this mcse...u got any in your inbox lately?...i been trying to find some on dice to check the skill set but not really seeing any or maybe im missing something...what to focus on to get them?

To be fair MSCEs are a dime a dozen, and IT on the WIndows side is all about professional networking.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Didnt get the gig i was interviewing for, made it to the final interview and cats were talking about start dates and everything.

:francis:

Anyone good with resumes? I feel my current job is killing my resume since i havent been there more than 6 months/ a year