IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They just let your boy know that I'm gonna be starting a junior network engineer internship in the next couple weeks :mjcry:

The grind paying off :mjcry::blessed: bit by bit
full

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
They just let your boy know that I'm gonna be starting a junior network engineer internship in the next couple weeks :mjcry:

The grind paying off :mjcry::blessed: bit by bit

What does your resume look like. Degree/experience?

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Yeah that Help Desk job never even materialized like i thought. Dude said he would set me up for a interview, then emailed me 4 days later talking about a position hold. I wait like a week, email him asking what the status was and dude wont even respond, it's been almost another week :dead:

Applied to about 4 more tech companies like 2 days ago

Guys is it really that common for Help Desk positions to want Associates or Bachelors or 1 to 5 years of experience for positions:ohhh:? I thought it was entry level but that's what damn near every place wants minimum in this city:stopitslime:

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that Help Desk job never even materialized like i thought. Dude said he would set me up for a interview, then emailed me 4 days later talking about a position hold. I wait like a week, email him asking what the status was and dude wont even respond, it's been almost another week :dead:

Applied to about 4 more tech companies like 2 days ago

Guys is it really that common for Help Desk positions to want Associates or Bachelors or 1 to 5 years of experience for positions:ohhh:? I thought it was entry level but that's what damn near every place wants minimum in this city:stopitslime:

It's like that in a lot of fields now. They know people are hungry for jobs, so what used to be entry level, they can demand years of experience and a degree. Just keep applying to those jobs anyways.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Think ima go for MCSE next before i go for the CISSP, just cause i already have a strong foundation of it and wanna know everything.

Here's a tip, go on Dice and look for six figure jobs requiring the CISSP and/or MCSE and see what skills they're looking for.

Identity Management is pretty big right now, and these companies are paying a lot of money for IAM dudes. $60-100/hr.