IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Go for your CISSP
For everyone asking going for your CISSP is still worth it even if you dont have the experience. You will learn a ton and get a nice overview of the field which can help you figure out which area of security you might want to head in. You can even sit for the test and pass it without the experience. You just will not get the credential until you have the experience. Still worth it imo. But if you dont already networking or os skills probably better to learn those areas first since every security person needs knowledge in those areas.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Damn sitting a cafe right now and I cant believe how blessed I am right now. Graduating college in Networking Security to not even touching that expertise while going to healthcare It. I never thought in a billion years that I would be possibly sitting at a senior position (aced my second interview today with director and staff) making over 80 in just three years brehs.

Hard work and determination pay off my brehs. Best of luck to all of you.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Damn sitting a cafe right now and I cant believe how blessed I am right now. Graduating college in Networking Security to not even touching that expertise while going to healthcare It. I never thought in a billion years that I would be possibly sitting at a senior position (aced my second interview today with director and staff) making over 80 in just three years brehs.

Daps

Congrats bruh. Now that you got that 80, think about how you gonna feel when you double that up! Things can escalate quickly once you pass that threshold!

go get that money!
:shaq:

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
I feel like im stuck as far as the studying goes for my A+ and im feeling like im not using the right material ...:mjcry:

I went on the official compTIA website to look at what exactly is going to be on the exams so i have an idea of what to focus on though.... Are there any books you brehs recommended (im using the mike myers book ) or videos (I usually watch the professor messer guy on YouTube) ?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
2nd day was better, not having to sit in that traffic helped a lot. Job is easy, plus i heard the managers was talking about me like i was a 5 star prospect after my interview :wow:

So i'll give em 6 months minimum while i work on my cissp but no more support positions after this one

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I feel like im stuck as far as the studying goes for my A+ and im feeling like im not using the right material ...:mjcry:

I went on the official compTIA website to look at what exactly is going to be on the exams so i have an idea of what to focus on though.... Are there any books you brehs recommended (im using the mike myers book ) or videos (I usually watch the professor messer guy on YouTube) ?
Careeracademy on groupon. But if i had known about testout i would've used them