IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Questions bruhs would it be better to take the 801-802 before it expires in June or should I just focus on the 901-902 instead?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How did it go and what are you doing now?
Bored than muhhhfuhhcka. Same shyt i was doing at my previous job(service desk) except there's not much to learn this time around.

Saw the BADDEST arabial/ethiopian chick in my orientation class yesterday but we were at different tables :mjcry: so i didn't get a chance to meet her

For the job itself, i cant see me staying long term cause there's no challenge

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Questions bruhs would it be better to take the 801-802 before it expires in June or should I just focus on the 901-902 instead?

This is for the A+ right? It depends on how fast you think you can get through the material. Your experience level is also a factor. For someone who is not completely new to I.T. or technology, I'd imagine a few months of study should suffice.

BiggWebb79

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
This is for the A+ right? It depends on how fast you think you can get through the material. Your experience level is also a factor. For someone who is not completely new to I.T. or technology, I'd imagine a few months of study should suffice.
Yea I'm actually going into my last semester of getting my AS in CS, and wanted to then go in the direction of getting certifications in the Web and Mobile field.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bored than muhhhfuhhcka. Same shyt i was doing at my previous job(service desk) except there's not much to learn this time around.

Saw the BADDEST arabial/ethiopian chick in my orientation class yesterday but we were at different tables :mjcry: so i didn't get a chance to meet her

For the job itself, i cant see me staying long term cause there's no challenge
Did you know it was going to be like that? What made you take it?

Silkk

Daps
Did you know it was going to be like that? What made you take it?
Was bored of not working, thought it would be more exciting tbh and have unilimited OT since the hospital/desk is 24/7. Women are EVERYWHERE but i didn't know i'd be cooped up in an open office(not cubicle) type environment with 3 older ladies(40-50s):beli:

Im just about to stack for a lil bit, get this Powershell/CCNA cracking and then see what comes about

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Has anyone taken ITIL courses/exams past Foundations? I see my job moving into Service Desk Management in the near future and I'm trying to jump the curve.

Yeah, I have the ITIL cert( First level one ). Took the test ( it has to be through your job ) and barely passed..LOL . I only had 1 - 3 days to study because I was sick..

I can't remember shyt about it though......

krexzen

All Star
Daps

Silkk

Daps
Wanna do my CISSP but im not sure if i can count 5 years experience :patrice:

Did a cell phone call center tech support for two years
A cable/internet call center tech support for two years
Real IT helpdesk for like 16 months
AT&T uverse installer for 6 months

:patrice:

I don't wanna study for it and then the association hit me with the

full

BiggWebb79

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
If you're planning on being a developer than the A+ won't be of much help to you. You might be better off looking through the developer thread instead.

developer/programming information and careers thread
Yea I'm not strong in the programming aspect of things. As I was checking the Comptia road map, my destination would start with A+, then A+ fundamental, ACA, Site developer, GACA and so forth.