IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
@bdizzle @Silkk (You got certs, don't you?)could you tell me if this is the right path. Here is a list, what should I do
2ufejnk.png

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Out of the 1's listed in that screen shot, web development.

Outside of that, graphic design & film would be dope.
Then there's your answer. Make sure you do your research and check out codeacademy & khan academy to see if you still like web development after trying it out.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Then there's your answer. Make sure you do your research and check out codeacademy & khan academy to see if you still like web development after trying it out.
Done it in the past, but the courses I see listed seem like they have to do with wordpress and shyt. I've been able to install and do wordpress sites for a while on my own :patrice: o well.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Done it in the past, but the courses I see listed seem like they have to do with wordpress and shyt. I've been able to install and do wordpress sites for a while on my own :patrice: o well.
Wordpress is like 101 type shyt. I haven't dabbled for beyond that tho

• Dap
Reactions: ADK

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What do you guys say about roles you have on your resume less than 6 months? I pretty much stay honest without bashing the company but I had one dude low key try to come at me about it.:mjcry:

Y'all Keep me in your thoughts again, got a big interview next week. Had two today, one went well but I checked back with recruiter and she said they dont pay for your relocation during the yr long training, so I told her withdraw me from consideration for that one, 2nd one I didnt like the vibe of the interview at all and could just tell I`m not getting it, but gig is super far out and I only went in just because they reached out to me.

:francis::francis::francis:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The damn recruiter playing with my emotions brehs wtf:mjcry:

Told me to call back the next day at a certain time for confirmation for the next steps..I did, she doesn't answer :dwillhuh:

Called twice today...Some other guy in the office answers the 2nd time :dwillhuh: Says she was 'away' from her desk but he will let her know the situation :troll:

Not gonna lie this is completely killing my mood, I'm sitting here looking at this bottle of hen about to get my denzel on

drinking-vodka.gif

krexzen

All Star
Daps

Told me to call back the next day at a certain time for confirmation for the next steps..I did, she doesn't answer :dwillhuh:

Called twice today...Some other guy in the office answers the 2nd time :dwillhuh: Says she was 'away' from her desk but he will let her know the situation :troll:

Not gonna lie this is completely killing my mood, I'm sitting here looking at this bottle of hen about to get my denzel on

drinking-vodka.gif

She either filled the position with another applicant or lost out to another recruiter. Never put all faith or trust in one recruiter. Also, if they think you're a decent candidate then they will call and set up things for you. It sounds like you weren't high on her list. This used to happen to me too when I was starting out.

Keep your head up. In the future you may end up being the one giving them directions, blowing off their calls/emails and leaving them hanging.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
She either filled the position with another applicant or lost out to another recruiter. Never put all faith or trust in one recruiter. Also, if they think you're a decent candidate then they will call and set up things for you. It sounds like you weren't high on her list. This used to happen to me too when I was starting out.

Keep your head up. In the future you may end up being the one giving them directions, blowing off their calls/emails and leaving them hanging.
:francis: yea im pissed

shyt is so annoying dealing with recruiters :martin:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

drinking-vodka.gif

Yeah breh, I think most of us been there and gone through it. :(

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
@bdizzle @Silkk (You got certs, don't you?)could you tell me if this is the right path. Here is a list, what should I do
2ufejnk.png
EEEK! I can't see any use in getting certified in Excel. Whenever i have to open Excel to even look at charts, I want to vomit.

I do wonder, though, what those certification tests look like for Web Design and Development, as well as Programming and App Dev. I feel like I've never met anybody with certifications in those areas.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What do you guys say about roles you have on your resume less than 6 months? I pretty much stay honest without bashing the company but I had one dude low key try to come at me about it.:mjcry:

Y'all Keep me in your thoughts again, got a big interview next week. Had two today, one went well but I checked back with recruiter and she said they dont pay for your relocation during the yr long training, so I told her withdraw me from consideration for that one, 2nd one I didnt like the vibe of the interview at all and could just tell I`m not getting it, but gig is super far out and I only went in just because they reached out to me.

:francis::francis::francis:
Well, my recruiter friend told me to just say the project was complete after the alotted amount of time. I guess it worked:yeshrug:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
EEEK! I can't see any use in getting certified in Excel. Whenever i have to open Excel to even look at charts, I want to vomit.

I do wonder, though, what those certification tests look like for Web Design and Development, as well as Programming and App Dev. I feel like I've never met anybody with certifications in those areas.

Your portfolio pieces or work history are your certificates when it comes to programming in many regards.