IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Guys, I have a question..

Masters in Cyber Security(will be fully paid by my job) or CISSP(even that training can done internally too)?

If your job is paying for your masters then let them nikkas pay for it. Besides you can pass the CISSP in 3-6 months of self study. Just buy the Shon Harris CISSP book

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Lol at you putting that :wow: smiley like its something great. I think if you had said 9 AM to 6 pm that would have been something much better

shyt im just happy to start my career :yeshrug:.This city is shyt for finding help desk jobs. Damn near all of them want 1 to 2 or even 4 years of experience for fukkin Help Desk:skip:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
If your job is paying for your masters then let them nikkas pay for it. Besides you can pass the CISSP in 3-6 months of self study. Just buy the Shon Harris CISSP book

It will take me two and a half years though due to 8k a year tuition cap. They are paying for my cyber certs through this university already. It will last a year (hence why I'm considering stopping) and doing the grad degree.

But if I do that they will have me by the balls for four Years. While I can study for the Cisa, Cissp complete the cert by January and get into their cyber security work and leave to another company for more money.

My undergrad was in Mechanical Engineering.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It will take me two and a half years though due to 8k a year tuition cap. They are paying for my cyber certs through this university already. It will last a year (hence why I'm considering stopping) and doing the grad degree.

But if I do that they will have me by the balls for four Years. While I can study for the Cisa, Cissp complete the cert by January and get into their cyber security work and leave to another company for more money.

My undergrad was in Mechanical Engineering.

How many years of IT exp you got and how many years of security experience?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Is the Project Management Institute (PMI) exam for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) worth anything?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
How many years of IT exp you got and how many years of security experience?

Zero...but I work as a Network Engineer(infrastructure such central offics etc). I am not too worried , I am already with a company that will easily let me in a security group to learn and grow.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Zero...but I work as a Network Engineer(infrastructure such central offics etc). I am not too worried , I am already with a company that will easily let me in a security group to learn and grow.

How many years of networking experience and what platforms (Cisco, juniper, Palo alto, etc)?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Now that my background shyt is clear and my start date is set everybody want to blow a nikka up :martin:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
fc43a42c-2924-4e0c-9b94-110cd0740f15-large.jpeg

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Hi I'm 19 as most of you know, how would I go about getting my first cert? :lupe:
Could I go to community college for it?

I'm interested in web design/development & graphic art and also film.