IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah imma be fukked up:francis:. But thankfully im off fridays and saturdays and this school semester gonna be soft

Lol at you putting that :wow: smiley like its something great. I think if you had said 9 AM to 6 pm that would have been something much better

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm finally trying to get my shxt together for the 100th time :francis: Went from wanting to do Wed Design and Programming, but Security really has me intrigued especially reading through this thread. Going to spend the next 3-5 months studying for the A+/Security+ since that is a requirement for most of the local Help Desk jobs.

Is Cybrary a good resource?

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Interview tomorrow/today for a jr cisco network engineer :wow: get your ccna brehs

wish me luck brehs i need all the good juju i can get, this call center shyt is killing me :mjcry:

Funny shyt tho... me and my boy who work at the same place and just got his ccna literally a week ago are interviewing for the same job on the same day :dwillhuh: hr lady was :troll: looking at our resumes

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All Udemy courses are 10$ till 11:59 PST. Picked up some resources for learning about Python and got a CCNA one (Chris Bryant) :manny:

Chris Bryant is very informative but maaaaaaaan he is so boring :snooze:
I used to watch CBT then watch Bryant as he would pick up on the things missed.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Interview tomorrow/today for a jr cisco network engineer :wow: get your ccna brehs

wish me luck brehs i need all the good juju i can get, this call center shyt is killing me :mjcry:

Funny shyt tho... me and my boy who work at the same place and just got his ccna literally a week ago are interviewing for the same job on the same day :dwillhuh: hr lady was :troll: looking at our resumes
You better throw some dirt on that nikka in the interview:mjpls:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Start date got pushed back 2 weeks waiting on these bum ass background check people. Finally starting on tuesday

Put my resume up and my shyt been blowing up all week tho for Desktop & Support roles.

I spoke to a recruiter and he told me if i wanted to get into security i needed to tailor my resume for it. I don't plan on leaving for at least a year so that i can get my skills/paper up but i'm gonna have to get my resume tailored better so i can jump tax brackets again.

First tho, gonna check out Powershell on that Udemy site.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Interview went excellent :wow: The network engineer told the recruiter he really likes me a lot and we had a great vibe going (pause :dame:)

Asked me some simple shyt...like what is a VLAN? :mjlol:

He seemed impressed with how I would troubleshoot issues. Said thats a skill that can't be taught you either have it or you don't

They basically want a jr level guy to build up exclusively...They will pay for training/certs/classes everything :mjcry:

I will know tomorrow in the afternoon what the final word is...seems like a go tho right? :lupe:

My friend who interviewed before me tho :damn: Lets just say he was in and out in 5 mins :dead:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Guys, I have a question..

Masters in Cyber Security(will be fully paid by my job) or CISSP(even that training can done internally too)?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Interview went excellent :wow: The network engineer told the recruiter he really likes me a lot and we had a great vibe going (pause :dame:)

Asked me some simple shyt...like what is a VLAN? :mjlol:

He seemed impressed with how I would troubleshoot issues. Said thats a skill that can't be taught you either have it or you don't

They basically want a jr level guy to build up exclusively...They will pay for training/certs/classes everything :mjcry:

I will know tomorrow in the afternoon what the final word is...seems like a go tho right? :lupe:

My friend who interviewed before me tho :damn: Lets just say he was in and out in 5 mins :dead:

Good shyt..hope you get it! :salute: