IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
What you think about those PC Driving Jobs? i get emails for those and i don't know what to think. i have a car note and i really don't want to use my car and drive around all day but it's experience.

what you think?

Job Location: Miami, FL

Job Description:

·Great customer satisfaction and communication skills.

·Experience with replacing hardware components in desktop computers in a professional environment.

·Hardware components include motherboard, processor, memory, etc.

·You would be driving to both commercial and residential customers doing level 1 hardware support.

·You would get up to 5-10 call tickets a day.

Here is what we are offering.

·iPhone4s + mileage (0.51 cents for the first 225 miles then 20 cents afterwards this renews each week) + parking + 25 free DELL certifications worth over ($4000.00)

Hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00-5:30
Looks like good experience if you dont have any. I honestly like being in different places and out and about instead of in an office. You can also use this time to network and maybe get a job in house at one of these places in the future.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I've been stuck dealing with VOIP issues all year and there's no end in site. :mjcry:

The project is to switch to SIP trunking but it looks like it's going to be a massive pain in the ass.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just wanna have a basic help desk job answering questions old people have about computers and be able to just sit back and relax without being supervised 24/7 and being able to eat as much as i want

tired of working customer service being constantly watched

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Been following the thread for a few months now while studying for my A+.

The info is very appreciated. Thanks to all who give gems.

I thought cyber security was appealing but I'm curious out the cons of going into field. I've also been looking at this guy's videos.

Sorry if this came up already but can anybody speak on this? Does he have an axe to grind, or is it more true than not?

Daps

I thought cyber security was appealing but I'm curious out the cons of going into field. I've also been looking at this guy's videos.

Sorry if this came up already but can anybody speak on this? Does he have an axe to grind, or is it more true than not?

I cant really disagree with him on this video. Cyber security is a great field. But it takes alot of work. You dont just jump into it. It really takes years of experience and hard work. I think thats what he is trying to get across.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
How do you guys get experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange? Let's speak some real job shyt.
Do most people get it on the job experience? I was thinking I'm going to need to buy a few computers and make it pop.

I don't know how to use it at all but I need the skills to spice up my resume, so what I gotta do?

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Looks like good experience if you dont have any. I honestly like being in different places and out and about instead of in an office. You can also use this time to network and maybe get a job in house at one of these places in the future.

I get calls for most PC driving tech jobs, I've been at a non IT job for almost 5 years, need to quit, if I end up homeless so be it, gotta make a move... too much talking and stress.

I don't wanna use my car I got a car note on it. and if it break down:francis:

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
I just wanna have a basic help desk job answering questions old people have about computers and be able to just sit back and relax without being supervised 24/7 and being able to eat as much as i want

tired of working customer service being constantly watched

study with me breh:to:

Daps
I get calls for most PC driving tech jobs, I've been at a non IT job for almost 5 years, need to quit, if I end up homeless so be it, gotta make a move... too much talking and stress.

I don't wanna use my car I got a car note on it. and if it break down:francis:
the good ones will hit you with a company whip. but not until you get good and get some experience.

Daps
How do you guys get experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange? Let's speak some real job shyt.
Do most people get it on the job experience? I was thinking I'm going to need to buy a few computers and make it pop.

I don't know how to use it at all but I need the skills to spice up my resume, so what I gotta do?
setup a home lab. all you need is to build a server, setup vmware on it then build an AD domain.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
the good ones will hit you with a company whip. but not until you get good and get some experience.

Yeah the shytty ones are talking bout part time 20 hours a week and driving 400 miles a week smh...

Also this bytch can't even speak english.. can barely understand her.

You started there when you began?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some of what he's saying is out of date since more and more companies are taking cybersecurity seriously now. Previously the Federal government spent the most money and attention on cybersecurity so that's where most of the jobs where. The problem with the Federal government is they suck at implementing security. I got into cybersecurity by working as a contractor for the DOD because of so few private cybersecurity jobs in my area. But now they would be one of the last places I would go to work in cybersecurity because the security is so poor.

Congressmen say we can't trust hacked OPM with security clearances