IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
What you think about those PC Driving Jobs? i get emails for those and i don't know what to think. i have a car note and i really don't want to use my car and drive around all day but it's experience.

what you think?

Job Location: Miami, FL

Job Description:

·Great customer satisfaction and communication skills.

·Experience with replacing hardware components in desktop computers in a professional environment.

·Hardware components include motherboard, processor, memory, etc.

·You would be driving to both commercial and residential customers doing level 1 hardware support.

·You would get up to 5-10 call tickets a day.

Here is what we are offering.

·iPhone4s + mileage (0.51 cents for the first 225 miles then 20 cents afterwards this renews each week) + parking + 25 free DELL certifications worth over ($4000.00)

Hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00-5:30

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
What you think about those PC Driving Jobs? i get emails for those and i don't know what to think. i have a car note and i really don't want to use my car and drive around all day but it's experience.

what you think?

Job Location: Miami, FL

Job Description:

·Great customer satisfaction and communication skills.

·Experience with replacing hardware components in desktop computers in a professional environment.

·Hardware components include motherboard, processor, memory, etc.

·You would be driving to both commercial and residential customers doing level 1 hardware support.

·You would get up to 5-10 call tickets a day.

Here is what we are offering.

·iPhone4s + mileage (0.51 cents for the first 225 miles then 20 cents afterwards this renews each week) + parking + 25

Hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00-5:30
free DELL certifications worth over ($4000.00)
:mjlol:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
For my brehs trying to break into programming. These skills are hot right now

- C#/.Net
- Team foundation server
- Coded UI & Microsoft test manager
- Azure

Azure gonna send a lot of basic Windows admins to the unemployment line :wow:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Not an IT job. But when my first IT job dried up( contract ), I needed to do something. So I went back to warehouse jobs. The first job they gave me was shoveling sand into some pit for $8/hr. How they hell is somebody suppose to do that for 40 hours a week? I quit that night. never touched the shovel..lol

My current job has a warehouse in the back( just filing records that were never moved to the mainframe or something ) and sometimes I get flashbacks of those days when I was working in a warehouse whenever I walk past our warehouse.

IT Brehs. I don't care what anybody says, we are truly blessed. Cause god knows there is some truly shytty jobs out there with the pay to match them.

Trust me I know breh. I used to do telemarketing :mjcry:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Currently getting 2 checks. Got a completely remote project and 1 semi-remote project (in the office 2 days per) going from two different companies. 1 corp-to-corp, 1 w2. Get this cash youngins...

What you sitting at hourly breh :lupe:

And them remote jobs are :banderas:

Also make that extra money count and start investing. Word on the streets is the MollyWatr IPO about to be announced :wow:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What you sitting at hourly breh :lupe:

And them remote jobs are :banderas:

Also make that extra money count and start investing. Word on the streets is the MollyWatr IPO about to be announced :wow:

$70 per hr corp-to-corp.
$52 per hr w2.

Both 40 hrs per week W overtime if needed. Only downside is neither of my projects are at a maturity level so I have to constantly develop both.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
When an interviewer asks why you are leaving a job you have been at less than 6 months what do you guys say?

First off, why are you leaving after < 6 months? Be honest.

Look at it from the hiring manager's perspective. Why am I looking to onboard a guy if there's a decent chance he bolts in six months, just to go through the whole process again?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
First off, why are you leaving after < 6 months? Be honest.

Look at it from the hiring manager's perspective. Why am I looking to onboard a guy if there's a decent chance he bolts in six months, just to go through the whole process again?
Unethical Business Practices that you dont want to be a part of lol.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
How long have your other stints at jobs been? If at your other jobs you've been pretty stable(or they've been contracts), that's one thing, but if it's a pattern of job hopping you might get red flagged

last job was almost 4 yrs and before that was just college gigs.

I think I been good answering them, but who knows. Waiting on some face to face joints, its holiday season so slow responses could be a mix of people being on vacation + them gathering the candidates they wanna run with for face to face joints.