IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
:mjlol:

If he went to Deloitte he wouldn't be doing an IT related job. And Deloitte isn't a cake walk to get into all of their entry level stuff they recruit form specific schools, and if you are trying to get in after in a mid level role you would have needed to have had some Consulting experience prior. He may be able to get assigned to do Consulting at an IT company but it still wouldn't be an IT related role but more so Management Consulting or Auditing.
nogga

he axed for accounting and it, only 1 company I know that dies both

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nogga

he axed for accounting and it, only 1 company I know that dies both

They do not do them one in the same. Deloitte is a Consulting company, they are a Big 4 Accounting firm. Once again, he would more than likely be able to do work auditing or providing management consulting to a company, but not doing your traditional IT roles outside of providing outsourcing services maybe, even then it would not be a hybrid of say Programming and Accounting. He at most would serve as a Business Analyst but even then it would not be in the sense of working with a technical Development or IT team and doing accounting activities.

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
They do not do them one in the same. Deloitte is a Consulting company, they are a Big 4 Accounting firm. Once again, he would more than likely be able to do work auditing or providing management consulting to a company, but not doing your traditional IT roles outside of providing outsourcing services maybe, even then it would not be a hybrid of say Programming and Accounting. He at most would serve as a Business Analyst but even then it would not be in the sense of working with a technical Development or IT team and doing accounting activities.
nah

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@bdizzle and anyone else Know of any other big national recruiters like robert half?

First off fukk Robert Half :pacspit:

But there's tons of them. Pyramid Consulting, Ajilon, Kforce, Brooksource, etc. But there's tons of smaller recruiting companies too. As long as the money right and they're making me jump through unnecessary hoops like having to meetup with them and shyt, I don't care who the recruiter is.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
First off fukk Robert Half :pacspit:

But there's tons of them. Pyramid Consulting, Ajilon, Kforce, Brooksource, etc. But there's tons of smaller recruiting companies too. As long as the money right and they're making me jump through unnecessary hoops like having to meetup with them and shyt, I don't care who the recruiter is.
Word I HATE this, especially some out of state shyt. Props about to check em out

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Word I HATE this, especially some out of state shyt. Props about to check em out

Breh, you don't have to check them out. Upload your shyt to the job board sites and let them come to you. Just make sure your resume is on point and you should be straight.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I work as a contractor at a big tech company. The position is inventory management\tracking, setting up new users, delivering equipment to users.

It's not technical enough to get me a help desk job. I have A+. The name of the company gets me interviews. I can answer questions about DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP, etc. But I don't know troubleshooting. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I'm still working stupid overtime. Today I worked 7am - 8pm.

I'm thinking of going for some Apple certs. I just feel kinda lost.

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I work as a contractor at a big tech company. The position is inventory management\tracking, setting up new users, delivering equipment to users.

It's not technical enough to get me a help desk job. I have A+. The name of the company gets me interviews. I can answer questions about DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP, etc. But I don't know troubleshooting. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I'm still working stupid overtime. Today I worked 7am - 8pm.

what do you like to do? what gets you excited to go into work? where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?

Silkk

Daps
Just got this in my email :noah:

I have an immediate need for a talented Security Engineer with Strong Active Directory experience. The max I can pay for this is 55 an hour on a W2. This is a 6 month + contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Fort Worth, TX. Please review the below job description and reply with the most current MS Word version of your resume.

Key Responsibilities:
The candidate will also perform management and maintenance of user identities, profiles and access privileges (create, delete, modify) related to local and remote system access. The work carried out will be based on approved request for service (RFS) submitted by internal users as well as external customers for the security functions. The candidate will also;
Troubleshoot access and security related incidents on the Wintel platforms
Provide Access to departmental shares on the Wintel platforms
Process PAR (Privileged Access Request) for clients
Work on Network access managed by Active Directory Infrastructure
Provision/De-provision Guestnet using Cisco WCS
Provide second level support for incidents, requests and enquiries assigned and escalated by the Client Helpdesk.
Attend to the hotline telephone calls and resolve user ID access issues.
Perform regular re-certification and cleaning up of IDs
Create reports and documentation on inactive IDs, temporary IDs and tickets.
The security analyst will be tasked with ensuring that service level agreements are met.
Perform security audits, scan and monitor servers.
Investigate and report on security alerts and perform security incident reporting.
Setup and review security audit logs.
Implement improvements through process optimization and automation.
Plan and implement any new security related project tools and or Customer processes to enhance the overall security infrastructure.
Should be willing and able to work 7 x 24 shifts including all public holiday

Silkk

Daps

Go to a tech support call center, but if you're setting up users you should be able to get a help desk job

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hate the recruitment process at these companies got a nikka doing all kinds of math and abstract reasoning had me walking out the office like:mjcry: no way in hell im getting this job

they want to make sure youre sharp and know how to figure out problems..its bs but a method to the madness..i plan on doing the same thing next year when im interviewing college interns to run some of my processes for me while I tackle bigger projects