IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just an ad i came along, whats wrong with the company?

I worked for an MSP many moons ago. Managed service providers typically speaking are hell, you're basically the IT for companies either too small or too cheap to have their own internal IT staff.

Working frontline support is it's own personal hell, but at an MSP? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Our helpdesk was micromanaged to hell too... every part of their day had to be accounted for

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
if any Chicago guys w/ Lync/Exchange experience are looking for work a recruiter just hit me about a Admin role w/ TCS| Northern Trust. negotiable salary. Full time.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How do you guys go about applying for out-of-state jobs? Saw a job in Atlanta that I want to go for. I'd put my parents' address on my resume; but last time I did that they ended up looking at my LinkedIn, which still said NYC.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
How do you guys go about applying for out-of-state jobs? Saw a job in Atlanta that I want to go for. I'd put my parents' address on my resume; but last time I did that they ended up looking at my LinkedIn, which still said NYC.

Why would where you live matter? :lupe:

I'm in Baltimore and would like to relocate to ATL after school

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I stopped putting my address on my resume as a girl I know in the HR world was telling how some recruiters discriminate based on address, so I just have my city, state phone number and email.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any of y'all with experience in software testing? had a recruiter belling my line today done some research but not quite sure what the job involves other than writing test cases

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

:heh: totally forgot to reply to this post.

I got my A+, CCNA, and the Windows XP MCSE exam then got my 1st gig doing help desk. I stayed for 2.5 years, then started doing contract work. Got into security, got my CISSP and CCNP Security and I've been pawgin ever since :whew:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Tell them you're in the process of relocating.

Lex218

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trying to register to start school on the 7th. The 3 choices are computer applications, database application development, and Web publishing. Which is the best short and long term(financial and growth wise)? I'm looking for something that incorporates math, business, and my creative side if possible

Also, I respect all you guys out here getting this money and giving advice in this thread.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This isn't IT related but how would you guys react if you found out I got a job as a retail sales associate working 2 days a week making $17 an hour/biweekly paychecks....and getting a bonus for when i participate in "conference calls" for the company :mjpls:

23 years of age now...I think I'm having a better start than a certain person with a red black and green flag who at my age was making $5.00 an hour and eating ramen noodles and living in cardboard boxes :mjpls:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just got free access to a free small liux vps not sure what to do with it just yet :jbhmm: