IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:ohhh: So remove all helpdesk tasks and replace them with system admin tasks. Is there anything i should not put on there as far as sys admin tasks that may raise any red flags? I just dont want these employers saying "how did you perform these tasks when you were only doing helpdesk? :leostare:"

You don't gotta lie breh, just use the right language. And some might ask (I had it happen to me) but just tell them your role did both help desk and sys admin tasks.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You guys think it will be tough to make transition to solution/enterprise architech by staying the BA/PM route? Or just focus on becoming a high level PM?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm finding the ICND2 material wayyyyyyy easier to to absorb and more interesting than the ICND1 concepts. Probably because I had to adjust my mind for studying again tho

:jbhmm: think i'll be taking the ICND2 sooner than i thought

It's simpler because part 1 introduced all the terms and technology and part 2 makes you configure it. Had you did ICND2 first you woulda been like :damn:

At least that's what happened to me :mjcry:

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many years you got left on your degree? And how much you gotta save up?

I'll get my degree funded but I have to pay 10k for the 1st year as they wont fund that year again. Basicaly starting again. Got other debts to clear aswell not sure how long its gonna take but I need to get on the straight & narrow before its too late

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's simpler because part 1 introduced all the terms and technology and part 2 makes you configure it. Had you did ICND2 first you woulda been like :damn:

At least that's what happened to me :mjcry:
:sadbron: at taking ICND2 first that must of been tough

but i bet ICND1 was wild easy at that point

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'll get my degree funded but I have to pay 10k for the 1st year as they wont fund that year again. Basicaly starting again. Got other debts to clear aswell not sure how long its gonna take but I need to get on the straight & narrow before its too late

If you want to get started now, get your A+ and start applying for jobs. That way you can earn experience while you're in school.

KingRozay

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright..... I'm interested in getting into healthcare IT and informatics. I don't have experience in IT but I do in the healthcare field (PT technician). In making the switch what will I need to do that can make the transition easier for me. And what should my first steps be

Any advice, tips, suggestions, help will be appreciated..

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys think it will be tough to make transition to solution/enterprise architech by staying the BA/PM route? Or just focus on becoming a high level PM?
strictly networking/security in here nikka i dont think anything anybody knows shyt about project management :heh: im trying to get in that field myself tho,aiming to get me a project admin role while picking some pm certs then progress from there

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
strictly networking/security in here nikka i dont think anything anybody knows shyt about project management :heh: im trying to get in that field myself tho,aiming to get me a project admin role while picking some pm certs then progress from there

My boy went from network engineer to PM. I don't even know how he made the transition. He's going for his PMP now.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're beginning is it wise to go for comptiA+? I'm finding alot people don't respect it, but on job posting it's required for helpdesk.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
If you're beginning it's wise to go for comptiA+, I'm finding alot people don't respect it, but on job posting it's required for helpdesk.

Im looking to knock out both A+ and CCENT within 6 months . What type of jobs can I get with those 2 certs?